Measuring the Integration of Staple Food Markets in Sub-Saharan Africa: Heterogeneous Infrastructure and Cross Border Trade in the East African Community
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Natalie, 2004.
"Intra-national versus international trade in the European Union: why do national borders matter?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 93-118, May.
- Chen, Natalie, 2002. "Intra-national versus International Trade in the European Union: Why do National Borders Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-623, June.
- T. S. Jayne & Robert J. Myers & James Nyoro, 2008. "The effects of NCPB marketing policies on maize market prices in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 313-325, May.
- Matthias Helble, 2007.
"Border Effect Estimates for France and Germany Combining International Trade and Intranational Transport Flows,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(3), pages 433-463, October.
- Matthias Helble, 2006. "Border Effect Estimates for France and Germany Combining International Trade and Intra-national Transport Flows," IHEID Working Papers 13-2006, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Jun 2006.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 2002. "Border Effects and the Gravity Equation: Consistent Methods for Estimation," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 491-506, December.
- Mahbub Morshed, A. K. M., 2003. "What can we learn from a large border effect in developing countries?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 353-369, October.
- Carolyn L. Evans, 2003. "The Economic Significance of National Border Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1291-1312, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carolin Kouyaté & Stephan Cramon-Taubadel, 2016.
"Distance and Border Effects on Price Transmission: A Meta-analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 255-271, June.
- Mengel, Carolin & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2014. "Distance and border effects on price transmission - a meta-analysis," Discussion Papers 170988, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Olivier J. Walther, 2015.
"Business, Brokers and Borders: The Structure of West African Trade Networks,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 603-620, May.
- Olivier Walther, 2014. "Business, Brokers and Borders: The Structure of West African Trade Networks," Working Papers 1, University of Southern Denmark, Centre for Border Region Studies.
- repec:sdn:wpaper:1-kopi is not listed on IDEAS
- BouÃ«t, Antoine & Cosnard, Lionel & Laborde Debucquet, David, 2017. "Measuring trade integration in Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 1667, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsborder effect; spatial market integration; cointegration; semi-parametric regression; partially linear model; Eastern Africa; maize;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.