Temporary Migration Policies and Welfare of the Host and Source Countries: A Game-Theoretic Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Woodruff, Christopher & Zenteno, Rene, 2007. "Migration networks and microenterprises in Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 509-528, March.
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 1991. "The Economic Uses and Impact of International Remittances in Rural Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 695-722, July.
- Quibria, M G, 1997. "International Migration, Remittances and Income Distribution in the," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 29-46, January.
- L. Alan Winters & Terrie L. Walmsley & Zhen Kun Wang & Roman Grynberg, 2003. "Liberalising Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: An Agenda for the Development Round," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1137-1161, August.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2007. "Should we have a WTO for international migration?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 339-383, April.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Coelho, Isaias & Easton, Stephen T., 1986. "The theory of international factor flows: The basic model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 313-327, May.
- Alan de Brauw & Scott Rozelle, 2003. "Household Investment through migration in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Claus Aastrup Jensen & Nikolaj Malchow-Møller & Jan Rose Skaksen, 2010.
"Does coordination of immigration policies among destination countries increase immigration?,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 357-384.
- Rose Skaksen, Jan & Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Aastrup Jensen, Claus, 2007. "Does Coordination of Immigration Policies among Destination Countries Increase Immigration?," Working Papers 15-2007, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2007.
"Optimal Immigration Policy: Permanent, Guest-Worker, or Mode IV?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3083, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schiff, Maurice, 2007. "Optimal Immigration Policy: Permanent, Guest-Worker, or Mode IV?," IZA Discussion Papers 2871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1998. "Emigration and welfare in an economy with foreign capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 433-445, August.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Wellisz, Stanislaw, 1983. "International factor mobility and national advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 103-114, February.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1986. "International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-234, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Slobodan Djaji, 2011. "Reforming the System of International Migration," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Moritz Bonn, 2013. "On the Interdependence of Illegal and Legal Immigration," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201301, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Paweł Kaczmarczyk, 2013.
"Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2013/79, European University Institute.
- Pawel Kaczmarczyk, 2013. "Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0356, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Kaczmarczyk, Pawel, 2015. "Burden or Relief? Fiscal Impacts of Recent Ukrainian Migration to Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 8779, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordstemporary migration; remittances; migration policy;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .