Temporary Migration Policies and Welfare of the Host and Source Countries: A Game-Theoretic Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams, Richard H, Jr, 1991. "The Economic Uses and Impact of International Remittances in Rural Egypt," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(4), pages 695-722, July.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2007. "Should we have a WTO for international migration?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 339-383, April.
- Jones, Ronald W. & Coelho, Isaias & Easton, Stephen T., 1986. "The theory of international factor flows: The basic model," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3-4), pages 313-327, May.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2007.
"Optimal Immigration Policy: Permanent, Guest-Worker, or Mode IV?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2871, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schiff, Maurice, 2007. "Optimal Immigration Policy: Permanent, Guest-Worker, or Mode IV?," IZA Discussion Papers 3083, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1998. "Emigration and welfare in an economy with foreign capital," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 433-445, August.
- Woodruff, Christopher & Zenteno, Rene, 2007. "Migration networks and microenterprises in Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 509-528, March.
- Quibria, M G, 1997. "International Migration, Remittances and Income Distribution in the," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 29-46, January.
- L. Alan Winters & Terrie L. Walmsley & Zhen Kun Wang & Roman Grynberg, 2003. "Liberalising Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: An Agenda for the Development Round," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1137-1161, August.
- Alan de Brauw & Scott Rozelle, 2003. "Household Investment through migration in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Claus Aastrup Jensen & Nikolaj Malchow-Møller & Jan Rose Skaksen, 2010.
"Does coordination of immigration policies among destination countries increase immigration?,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 357-384.
- Rose Skaksen, Jan & Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Aastrup Jensen, Claus, 2007. "Does Coordination of Immigration Policies among Destination Countries Increase Immigration?," Working Papers 15-2007, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Wellisz, Stanislaw, 1983. "International factor mobility and national advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 103-114, February.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1986. "International migration, remittances and welfare in a dependent economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-234, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Slobodan Djaji, 2011. "Reforming the System of International Migration," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Moritz Bonn, 2013. "On the Interdependence of Illegal and Legal Immigration," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201301, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Paweł Kaczmarczyk, 2013.
"Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2013/79, European University Institute.
- Pawel Kaczmarczyk, 2013. "Are immigrants a burden for the state budget? Review paper," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0356, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Kaczmarczyk, Pawel, 2015. "Burden or Relief? Fiscal Impacts of Recent Ukrainian Migration to Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 8779, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordstemporary migration; remittances; migration policy;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.