A Radical Change in Traffic Law: Effects on Fatalities in the Czech Republic
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Josef Montag, 2013. "A radical change in traffic law: effects on fatalities in the Czech Republic," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2013-39, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcello Basili & Filippo Belloc & Simona Benedettini & Antonio Nicita, 2012. "Warning, Learning and Compliance: Evidence from Micro-data on Driving Behavior," Department of Economics University of Siena 639, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Friedman, Milton, 1992. "Do Old Fallacies Ever Die?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2129-2132, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:83:y:1989:i:01:p:77-91_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holler, Manfred J, 1993. "Fighting Pollution When Decisions Are Strategic," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 347-356, August.
- Luciano Andreozzi, 2002. "Oscilliations in the Enforcement of Law: an Evolutionary Analysis," Homo Oeconomicus, Institute of SocioEconomics, vol. 18, pages 403-428.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:157:y:2018:i:c:p:78-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Montag, Josef, 2015.
"The simple economics of motor vehicle pollution: A case for fuel tax,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 138-149.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montag, Josef, 2015. "The Simple Economics of Motor Vehicle Pollution: A Case for Fuel Tax," MPRA Paper 64524, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Traxler, Christian & Westermaier, Franz G. & Wohlschlegel, Ansgar, 2018.
"Bunching on the Autobahn? Speeding responses to a ‘notched’ penalty scheme,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 78-94.
- Christian Traxler & Franz Westermaier & Ansgar Wohlschlegel, 2017. "Bunching on the Autobahn? Speeding Responses to a 'Notched' Penalty Scheme," CESifo Working Paper Series 6786, CESifo Group Munich.
- Castillo-Manzano, José I. & Castro-Nuño, Mercedes & Fageda, Xavier, 2015.
"Are traffic violators criminals? Searching for answers in the experiences of European countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 86-94.
- José I. Castillo-Manzano & Mercedes Castro-Nuño & Xavier Fageda, 2014. "“Are traffic violators criminals? Searching for answers in experiences of European countries”," IREA Working Papers 201415, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2014.
- Geir H. M. Bjertnæs, 2019. "Efficient taxation of fuel and road use," Discussion Papers 905, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Tomas Brabenec & Josef Montag, 2016. "Criminals and the Price System: Evidence from Czech Metal Thieves," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp558, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
More about this item
Keywordstraffic law; traffic fatalities; policy evaluation; deterrence; enforcement;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cer:papers:wp484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jana Koudelkova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eiacacz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.