A Note on the Value of Foregone Open Space in Sprawling Cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rouwendal, Jan & Vermeulen, Wouter, 2012. "A note on the value of foregone open space in sprawling cities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57860, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 2002. "The welfare economics of land use planning," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 242-269, September.
- Wu, JunJie & Plantinga, Andrew J., 2003. "The influence of public open space on urban spatial structure," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 288-309, September.
- Vermeulen, Wouter, 2011. "Agglomeration externalities and urban growth controls," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57852, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:17:y:2017:i:1:p:59-94. is not listed on IDEAS
- Colwell, Peter F. & Dehring, Carolyn A. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 2002. "Recreation Demand and Residential Location," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 418-428, May.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761 Elsevier.
- Walsh, Randy, 2007. "Endogenous open space amenities in a locational equilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 319-344, March.
- Marcy Burchfield & Henry G. Overman & Diego Puga & Matthew A. Turner, 2006. "Causes of Sprawl: A Portrait from Space," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 587-633.
- Wouter Vermeulen, 2017.
"Agglomeration externalities and urban growth controls,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 59-94.
- Wouter Vermeulen, 2011. "Agglomeration Externalities and Urban Growth Controls," SERC Discussion Papers 0093, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- Wouter Vermeulen, 2011. "Agglomeration Externalities and Urban Growth Controls," CPB Discussion Paper 191, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
More about this item
Keywordsurban sprawl; open space; growth controls; outdoor recreation;
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-TUR-2012-03-08 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-03-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:sercdp:0101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.spatialeconomics.ac.uk/SERC/publications/default.asp .