Firm Entry and Exit in the U.S. Retail Sector, 1977-1997
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Weber, Henning, 2013. "Learning By Doing in New Firms and the Optimal Rate of Inflation," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79761, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Martin Carree & Marcus Dejardin, 2007.
"‘Entry Thresholds and Actual Entry and Exit in Local Markets’,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 203-212, June.
- Carree Martin & Dejardin Marcus, 2004. "Entry thresholds and actual entry and exit in local markets," Research Memorandum 048, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Martin Carree & Marcus Dejardin, 2007. "Entry Thresholds and Actual Entry and Exit in Local Markets," Post-Print halshs-00144832, HAL.
- Norman George & Pepall Lynne & Richards Daniel J, 2008. "Entrepreneurial First Movers, Brand-Name Fast Seconds, and the Evolution of Market Structure," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Elizabeth Davis & Matthew Freedman & Julia Lane & Brian McCall & Nicole Nestoriak & Timothy Park, "undated".
"Product Market Competition and Human Resource Practices: An Analysis of the Retail Food Sector,"
0905, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Davis, Elizabeth E. & Freedman, Matthew & Lane, Julia & McCall, Brian P. & Nestoriak, Nicole & Park, Timothy A., 2005. "Product Market Competition and Human Resource Practices: An Analysis of the Retail Food Sector," Working Papers 14349, University of Minnesota, The Food Industry Center.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2009.
"Imports, pass-through, and the structure of retail markets,"
Kiel Working Papers
1556, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2009. "Imports, Pass-Through, and the Structure of Retail Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2817, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fernando Borraz & Juan Dubra & Daniel Ferrés & Leandro Zipitría, 2013. "Supermarket Entry and The Survival of Small Stores," Documentos de Trabajo/Working Papers 1303, Facultad de Ciencias Empresariales y Economia. Universidad de Montevideo..
- Zipitría, Leandro, 2011.
"Impacto económico del Supermercadismo
[The Economics of Supermarkets: A Brief Literature Review]," MPRA Paper 28419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2012. "Imports and the structure of retail markets," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1431-1455, November.
- Basker, Emek, 2011.
"The Causes and Consequences of Wal-Mart’s Growth,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 5, pages 110-134.
- Luis Orea, 2010. "The effect of legal barriers to entry in the Spanish retail market: a local market approach," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 193(2), pages 49-74, June.
- Fernando Borraz & Juan Dubra & Daniel Ferrés & Leandro Zipitría, 2009. "Supermarket Entry and its effect on small stores in Montevideo, 1998 to 2007," Documentos de trabajo 2009005, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- Vries, Gaaitzen J. de, 2008. "Did Liberalization Start A Retail Revolution In Brazil?," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-105, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2015. "Retailing and international trade: A survey of the literature," Economics Working Papers 2015-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & Shawn Klimek & CJ Krizan & Scott Ohlmacher, 2015. "The Evolution of National Retail Chains: How We Got Here," Working Papers 15-10, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- George Norman & Lynne Pepall & Dan Richards, 2014. "Sequential Product Innovation, Competition and Patent Policy," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0786, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Haltiwanger, John & Jarmin, Ron & Krizan, C.J., 2010.
"Mom-and-Pop meet Big-Box: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 116-134, January.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron Jarmin & C. J. Krizan, 2010. "Mom-and-Pop Meet Big Box: Complements or Substitutes?," NBER Chapters,in: Cities and Entrepreneurship National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron Jarmin & C.J. Krizan, 2009. "Mom-and-Pop Meet Big-Box: Complements or Substitutes?," Working Papers 09-34, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John C. Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & C. J. Krizan, 2009. "Mom-and-Pop Meet Big-Box: Complements or Substitutes?," NBER Working Papers 15348, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Norman & Lynne Pepall & Dan Richards, 2016. "Sequential Product Innovation, Competition and Patent Policy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 48(3), pages 289-306, May.
- Lucia Foster & Patrice Norman, 2015. "The Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs: An Introduction," Working Papers 15-40r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Weber, Henning, 2015. "Innovation and the Optimal Rate of Inflation," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113087, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Srikanth Paruchuri & Joel A. C. Baum & David Potere, 2009. "The Wal-Mart Effect: Wave of Destruction or Creative Destruction?," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 85(2), pages 209-236, April.
More about this item
Keywordsretail sector; entry-exit; longitudinal establishment data;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-06-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2006-06-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2006-06-03 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-TID-2006-06-03 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cen:wpaper:04-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dawn Anderson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.