Econometric Estimation of PCAIDS Models
This paper presents a version of the proportionally calibrated almost ideal demand system (PCAIDS) model, useful for merger simulations, which can be econometrically estimated using price data for two firms in a market. The model is then applied to a database of the Argentine gasoline market, and its results are compared to the ones obtained with other alternative specifications.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (5411) 6314-3000
Fax: (5411) 4314-1654
Web page: http://www.cema.edu.ar/publicaciones/doc_trabajo.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Epstein Roy J. & Rubinfeld Daniel L., 2004. "Merger Simulation with Brand-Level Margin Data: Extending PCAIDS with Nests," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Roy J. Epstein & Daniel L. Rubinfeld, 2002. "Merger Simulation: A Simplified Approach with New Applications," Industrial Organization 0201002, EconWPA.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1994:i:34:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roy J. Epstein & Dniel L. Rubinfeld, 2004. "Merger Simulation with Brand-Level Margin: Extending PCAIDS with Nests," Industrial Organization 0401003, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:doctra:276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.