Social security, economic development and the labor force participation of the elderly in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristin Mammen & Christina Paxson, 2000. "Women's Work and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 141-164, Fall.
- Monika Queisser, 1999. "Pension Reform: Lessons from Latin America," OECD Development Centre Policy Briefs 15, OECD Publishing.
- Jonathan Gruber & David A. Wise, 2010. "Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: The Relationship to Youth Employment," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number grub08-1, January.
- Mastrobuoni, Giovanni, 2009.
"Labor supply effects of the recent social security benefit cuts: Empirical estimates using cohort discontinuities,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(11-12), pages 1224-1233, December.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2005. "Labor Supply Effects of the Recent Social Security Benefit Cuts: Empirical Estimates Using Cohort Discontinuities," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 33, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2006.
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2006. "Labor Supply Effects of the Recent Social Security Benefit Cuts: Empirical Estimates Using Cohort Discontinuities," Working Papers 66, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Giovanni Mastrobuoni, 2006. "Labor Supply Effects of the Recent Social Security Benefit Cuts: Empirical Estimates Using Cohort Discontinuities," Working Papers 893, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu Evangelista, 2008. "Old-age benefits and retirement decisions of rural elderly in Brazil," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 129-146, April.
- Clark, Robert L & Anker, Richard, 1993. "Cross-national Analysis of Labor Force Participation of Older Men and Women," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(3), pages 489-512, April.
- Jocelyn E. Finlay & Günther Fink, 2011. "Social Security Reform and Male Labor Force Participation Around The World," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2011-12, Center for Retirement Research, revised Jun 2011.
- Gary Burtless & Joseph F. Quinn, 2000. "Retirement Trends and Policies to Encourage Work Among Older Americans," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 436, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordslabor force participation; economic development elderly; social security; retirement; Latin America;
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-07-28 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-07-28 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2013-07-28 (Development)
- NEP-IUE-2013-07-28 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-07-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2013-07-28 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LMA-2013-07-28 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdp:texdis:td490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Britto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pufmgbr.html .