Impactos da carência de investimentos na logística pública de transportes para o agronegócio: discussão teórica e evidências para o caso brasileiro
This article aimed to elaborate a reflection concerning the impacts of the insufficiences of investments in the Brazilian public logistic of transports and to search evidences of the impacts in the markets of transports logistic services, in the scope of the agribusiness. One understands that the Brazilian agribusiness forms an intensive set of activities in logistic, being, therefore, seriously wronged for the lack of public logistic, especially in that with respect to the transportation systems, that can be disclosed on provision lack, congestions of transport nets. The article emphasizes aspects of the formation of the freight rates in the markets, among sectors without an understandable linking and regions, enhancing aspects of localization, income, consumption and sistemic competitiveness. One conclusion of the article is that the enterprise solutions for the bottlenecks may have the effect to changed themselves into force for the concentration in the commercialization sector. In general, logistic public of transports consists in a strategical characteristic for the growth of the activities of the agribusiness with possibilities of expansion in the Center-West, North and Northeast areas.
|Date of creation:||May 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
Fax: +55 31 3201-3657
Web page: http://www.cedeplar.ufmg.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cedeplar-FACE-UFMG Av. Antonio Carlos, 6627 Belo Horizonte, MG 31270-901 Brazil|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995.
"Industrial location and public infrastructure,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 335-351, November.
- Winston, Clifford, 1985. "Conceptual Development in the Economics of Transportation: An Interpretive Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 57-94, March.
- Leinbach, Thomas R., 1995. "Transport and Third World development: Review, issues, and prescription," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 337-344, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdp:texdis:td262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Britto)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.