Anti-Sharing as a Theory of Partnerships and Firms
Anti-Sharing may improve the efficiency of teams. The Anti-Sharer collects a fixed payment from all team members; he receives the actual output and pays out its value to them. However, if a team members assumes the role of an "internal" Anti-Sharer, he will be unproductive in equilibrium. Hence, internal Anti-Sharing fails to yield the first-best outcome. External Anti-sharing may induce the team members to choose efficient effort. The paper presents possible applications of Anti-Sharing: while internal Anti-Sharing may provide an explanation for the existence of senior (or managing) partners, external Anti-Sharing leads to a new theory of the incorporated firm.
|Date of creation:||24 Dec 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: (510) 642-3767
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/blewp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kirstein, Roland & Cooter, Robert D., 2007.
"Sharing and anti-sharing in teams,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 351-356, September.
- Roland Kirstein & Robert D. Cooter, 2007. "Sharing and Anti-Sharing in Teams," FEMM Working Papers 07001, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Kirstein, Roland & Cooter, Robert D, 2006. "Sharing and Anti-Sharing in Teams," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt07z8m8wm, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Choi, Yoon K., 1993. "Managerial incentive contracts with a production externality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 37-42.
- Mukesh Eswaran & Ashok Kotwal, 1984. "The Moral Hazard of Budget-Breaking," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 578-581, Winter.
- Margaret M. Blair, 2001. "Team Production Theory and Corporate Law," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 27, pages 88-95.
- Strausz, Roland, 1999. "Efficiency in Sequential Partnerships," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 140-156, March.
- Eric Rasmusen, 1987. "Moral Hazard in Risk-Averse Teams," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(3), pages 428-435, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:oplwec:qt4441r9r1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.