Demand Forecasting and Activity-based Mobility Modeling from Cell Phone Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Widhalm & Yingxiang Yang & Michael Ulm & Shounak Athavale & Marta González, 2015. "Discovering urban activity patterns in cell phone data," Transportation, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 597-623, July.
- Visser, Ingmar & Speekenbrink, Maarten, 2010. "depmixS4: An R Package for Hidden Markov Models," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 36(i07).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Denis S Willett & Justin George & Nora S Willett & Lukasz L Stelinski & Stephen L Lapointe, 2016. "Machine Learning for Characterization of Insect Vector Feeding," PLOS Computational Biology, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(11), pages 1-14, November.
- Claudio Gariazzo & Armando Pelliccioni & Maria Paola Bogliolo, 2019. "Spatiotemporal Analysis of Urban Mobility Using Aggregate Mobile Phone Derived Presence and Demographic Data: A Case Study in the City of Rome, Italy," Data, MDPI, vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Davey, Calum & Dirawo, Jeffrey & Mushati, Phillis & Magutshwa, Sitholubuhle & Hargreaves, James R. & Cowan, Frances M., 2019. "Mobility and sex work: why, where, when? A typology of female-sex-worker mobility in Zimbabwe," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 220(C), pages 322-330.
- Georges Dionne & Amir Saissi Hassani, 2015. "Endogenous Hidden Markov Regimes in Operational Loss Data: Application to the Recent Financial Crisis," Cahiers de recherche 1516, CIRPEE.
- Qingru Zou & Xiangming Yao & Peng Zhao & Heng Wei & Hui Ren, 2018. "Detecting home location and trip purposes for cardholders by mining smart card transaction data in Beijing subway," Transportation, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 919-944, May.
- Rob Hayward & Jens Hölscher, 2017. "The Forward-Discount Puzzle in Central and Eastern Europe," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 59(4), pages 472-497, December.
- Meead Saberi & Taha H. Rashidi & Milad Ghasri & Kenneth Ewe, 2018. "A Complex Network Methodology for Travel Demand Model Evaluation and Validation," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1051-1073, December.
- Ahmet Akca & Ethem Çanakoğlu, 2021. "Adaptive stochastic risk estimation of firm operating profit," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 48(3), pages 463-504, September.
- Melnykov, Volodymyr, 2016. "ClickClust: An R Package for Model-Based Clustering of Categorical Sequences," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 74(i09).
- Milne, Dave & Watling, David, 2019. "Big data and understanding change in the context of planning transport systems," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 235-244.
- Mengyao Ren & Yaoyu Lin & Meihan Jin & Zhongyuan Duan & Yongxi Gong & Yu Liu, 2020. "Examining the effect of land-use function complementarity on intra-urban spatial interactions using metro smart card records," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1607-1629, August.
- Tessa J P van Schijndel & Kim Huijpen & Ingmar Visser & Maartje E J Raijmakers, 2018. "Investigating the development of causal inference by studying variability in 2- to 5-year-olds' behavior," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(4), pages 1-15, April.
- Liu, Lun & Gao, Xuesong & Zhuang, Jiexin & Wu, Wen & Yang, Bo & Cheng, Wei & Xiao, Pengfei & Yao, Xingzhu & Deng, Ouping, 2020. "Evaluating the lifestyle impact of China’s rural housing land consolidation with locational big data: A study of Chengdu," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C).
- Longxu Yan & De Wang & Shangwu Zhang & Dongcan Xie, 2019. "Evaluating the multi-scale patterns of jobs-residence balance and commuting time–cost using cellular signaling data: a case study in Shanghai," Transportation, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 777-792, June.
- Gang Zhong & Tingting Yin & Jian Zhang & Shanglu He & Bin Ran, 2019. "Characteristics analysis for travel behavior of transportation hub passengers using mobile phone data," Transportation, Springer, vol. 46(5), pages 1713-1736, October.
- Juan E. Ruiz-Castro & Christian Acal & Ana M. Aguilera & Juan B. Roldán, 2021. "A Complex Model via Phase-Type Distributions to Study Random Telegraph Noise in Resistive Memories," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(4), pages 1-16, February.
- Liu, Wei-han, 2018. "Hidden Markov model analysis of extreme behaviors of foreign exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 503(C), pages 1007-1019.
- Rui Ding & Norsidah Ujang & Hussain Bin Hamid & Mohd Shahrudin Abd Manan & Rong Li & Safwan Subhi Mousa Albadareen & Ashkan Nochian & Jianjun Wu, 2019. "Application of Complex Networks Theory in Urban Traffic Network Researches," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 1281-1317, December.
- Si Chen & Waseem Muhammad & Joo-Heon Lee & Tae-Woong Kim, 2018. "Assessment of Probabilistic Multi-Index Drought Using a Dynamic Naive Bayesian Classifier," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 32(13), pages 4359-4374, October.
- Salamalikis, Vasileios & Tzoumanikas, Panayiotis & Argiriou, Athanassios A. & Kazantzidis, Andreas, 2022. "Site adaptation of global horizontal irradiance from the Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service for radiation using supervised machine learning techniques," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C), pages 92-106.
More about this item
KeywordsEngineering; activity-based travel demand models; cellular data; machine learning; agent-based simulation;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2016-06-14 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2016-06-14 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PPM-2016-06-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TRE-2016-06-14 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:itsrrp:qt4hc9r218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lisa Schiff (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.