Rural Electrification in India: Economic and Institutional aspects of Renewables
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, Rangan, 2006. "Comparison of options for distributed generation in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 101-111, January.
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2006. "Photovoltaic projects for decentralized power supply in India: A financial evaluation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3727-3738, December.
- Velayudhan, S. K., 2003. "Dissemination of solar photovoltaics: a study on the government programme to promote solar lantern in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1509-1518, November.
- Ghosh, Debyani & Shukla, P. R. & Garg, Amit & Ramana, P. Venkata, 2002. "Renewable energy technologies for the Indian power sector: mitigation potential and operational strategies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 481-512, December.
- Ashok, S., 2007. "Optimised model for community-based hybrid energy system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1155-1164.
- Duke, Richard D. & Jacobson, Arne & Kammen, Daniel M., 2002. "Photovoltaic module quality in the Kenyan solar home systems market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 477-499, May.
- Bose, Ranjan Kumar & Shukla, Megha, 2001. "Electricity tariffs in India: an assessment of consumers' ability and willingness to pay in Gujarat," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 465-478, May.
- Ghosh, Sonaton & Das, Tuhin K. & Jash, Tushar, 2004. "Sustainability of decentralized woodfuel-based power plant: an experience in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 155-166.
- Radulovic, Verena, 2005. "Are new institutional economics enough? Promoting photovoltaics in India's agricultural sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1883-1899, September.
- Chakrabarti, Snigdha & Chakrabarti, Subhendu, 2002. "Rural electrification programme with solar energy in remote region-a case study in an island," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Miller, Damian & Hope, Chris, 2000. "Learning to lend for off-grid solar power: policy lessons from World Bank loans to India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 87-105, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shahidur R. Khandker, Hussain A. Samad, Rubaba Ali, and Douglas F. Barnes, 2014.
"Who Benefits Most from Rural Electrification? Evidence in India,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Samad, Hussain A. & Ali, Rubaba & Barnes, Douglas F., 2012. "Who Benefits Most from Rural Electrification? Evidence in India," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125090, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Samad, Hussain A. & Ali, Rubaba & Barnes, Douglas F., 2012. "Who benefits most from rural electrification ? evidence in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6095, The World Bank.
- Narula, Kapil & Nagai, Yu & Pachauri, Shonali, 2012. "The role of Decentralized Distributed Generation in achieving universal rural electrification in South Asia by 2030," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 345-357.
- Roy, Anindita & Kedare, Shireesh B. & Bandyopadhyay, Santanu, 2009. "Application of design space methodology for optimum sizing of wind-battery systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2690-2703, December.
- Oda, Hisaya & Tsujita, Yuko, 2010. "The determinants of rural electrification in Bihar, India," IDE Discussion Papers 254, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Palit, Debajit & Malhotra, Ramit & Kumar, Atul, 2011. "Sustainable model for financial viability of decentralized biomass gasifier based power projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4893-4901, September.
- Harish, Santosh M. & Morgan, Granger M. & Subrahmanian, Eswaran, 2014. "When does unreliable grid supply become unacceptable policy? Costs of power supply and outages in rural India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 158-169.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:1378-1389 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oda, Hisaya & Tsujita, Yuko, 2011. "The determinants of rural electrification: The case of Bihar, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3086-3095, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Electrification; Distributed Generation; Renewable Energy; India.;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-06-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-06-13 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2008-06-13 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0763. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .