Does inequality harm democracy? An empirical investigation on the UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Hongyi & Squire, Lyn & Zou, Heng-fu, 1998.
"Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 26-43, January.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Heng-fu Zou, 1998. "Explaining International and Intertemporal Variations in Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 73, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Sunde, Uwe & Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe, 2008.
"Are all democracies equally good? The role of interactions between political environment and inequality for rule of law,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 552-556, June.
- Sunde, Uwe & Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe, 2007. "Are All Democracies Equally Good? The Role of Interactions between Political Environment and Inequality for Rule of Law," IZA Discussion Papers 2984, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervellati, Matteo & Fortunato, Piergiuseppe & Sunde, Uwe, 2008. "Are all democracies equally good? The role of interactions between political environment and inequality for rule of law," Munich Reprints in Economics 20018, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- James Foster & Michael Wolfson, 2010. "Polarization and the decline of the middle class: Canada and the U.S," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 247-273, June.
- Frederick Solt, 2004. "Economic Inequality and Democratic Political Engagement," LIS Working papers 385, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:psl:pslqrr:2017:22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D33 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Factor Income Distribution
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2014-04-18 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-POL-2014-04-18 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:wp935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .