Persistence of high income inequality and banking crises: 1980-2010
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giorgio Bellettini & Flavio Delbono, 2013. "Persistence of High Income Inequality and Banking Crises: 1980-2010," CESifo Working Paper Series 4293, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 465-490.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973, June.
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, April.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:470934 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"Top Incomes in the Long Run of History,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-71, March.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2009. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," NBER Working Papers 15408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," Post-Print halshs-00754557, HAL.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2012.
"How do banking crises impact on income inequality?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1425-1429.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2011. "How do Banking Crises Impact on Income Inequality?," NIPE Working Papers 30/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- van Treeck, Till. & Sturn, Simon., 2012. "Income inequality as a cause of the Great Recession? : A survey of current debates," ILO Working Papers 994709343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2009. "How Deep is a Crisis? Policy Responses and Structural Factors Behind Diverging Performances," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-31, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Salvatore Morelli, 2011. "Economic crises and Inequality," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2011-06, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Bordo, Michael D. & Meissner, Christopher M., 2012. "Does inequality lead to a financial crisis?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2147-2161.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2012. "Rising Inequality as a Root Cause of the Present Crisis," Working Papers wp282, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilin Neyapti & Derin Aksit, 2015. "Income Distribution and Economic Crises," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1523, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kim, Jungsuk, 2014.
"A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jungsuk Kim & Almas Heshmati, 2016. "A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth," Working Papers id:8421, eSocialSciences.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2017.
"The Circular Relationship Between Inequality, Leverage, And Financial Crises,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 463-496.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2014. "The Circulare Relationship between inequality, Leverage and Financial Crisis," Working Papers halshs-01204821, HAL.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The circular relationship between inequality, leverage and financial crises," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01375654, HAL.
- Rémi BAZILLIER & Jérôme HERICOURT, 2015. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crisis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1968, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crises," Working Papers halshs-01251360, HAL.
- Salvatore Morelli & Anthony Atkinson, 2015. "Inequality and crises revisited," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 32(1), pages 31-51, April.
- Mathias Klein, 2015. "Inequality and household debt: a panel cointegration analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 391-412, May.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:1:p:57-85 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mikhail Stolbov, 2015.
"Anatomy of international banking crises at the onset of the Great Recession,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 553-569, October.
- Stolbov, Mikhail, 2013. "Anatomy of international banking crises at the onset of the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 51236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2013-06-16 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2013-06-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2013-06-16 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PBE-2013-06-16 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:wp885. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sebolit.html .