Persistence of High Income Inequality and Banking Crises: 1980-2010
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- G. Bellettini & F. Delbono, 2013. "Persistence of high income inequality and banking crises: 1980-2010," Working Papers wp885, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, April.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"Top Incomes in the Long Run of History,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-71, March.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2009. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," NBER Working Papers 15408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," Post-Print halshs-00754557, HAL.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2012.
"How do banking crises impact on income inequality?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(15), pages 1425-1429, October.
- Luca Agnello & Ricardo M. Sousa, 2011. "How do Banking Crises Impact on Income Inequality?," NIPE Working Papers 30/2011, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 465-490.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- van Treeck, Till. & Sturn, Simon., 2012. "Income inequality as a cause of the Great Recession? : A survey of current debates," ILO Working Papers 994709343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Salvatore Morelli, 2011. "Economic crises and Inequality," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2011-06, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Bordo, Michael D. & Meissner, Christopher M., 2012. "Does inequality lead to a financial crisis?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2147-2161.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2012. "Rising Inequality as a Root Cause of the Present Crisis," Working Papers wp282, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:470934 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2009. "How Deep is a Crisis? Policy Responses and Structural Factors Behind Diverging Performances," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-31, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bilin Neyapti & Derin Aksit, 2015. "Income Distribution and Economic Crises," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1523, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2017.
"The Circular Relationship Between Inequality, Leverage, And Financial Crises,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 463-496, April.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2014. "The Circulare Relationship between inequality, Leverage and Financial Crisis," Working Papers halshs-01204821, HAL.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The circular relationship between inequality, leverage and financial crises," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01375654, HAL.
- Rémi BAZILLIER & Jérôme HERICOURT, 2015. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crisis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1968, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crises," Working Papers halshs-01251360, HAL.
- Salvatore Morelli & Anthony Atkinson, 2015. "Inequality and crises revisited," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 32(1), pages 31-51, April.
- Mathias Klein, 2015. "Inequality and household debt: a panel cointegration analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 391-412, May.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kim, Jungsuk, 2014.
"A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jungsuk Kim & Almas Heshmati, 2016. "A Survey of the Role of Fiscal Policy in Addressing Income Inequality, Poverty Reduction and Inclusive Growth," Working Papers id:8421, eSocialSciences.
- Mikhail Stolbov, 2015.
"Anatomy of international banking crises at the onset of the Great Recession,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 553-569, October.
- Stolbov, Mikhail, 2013. "Anatomy of international banking crises at the onset of the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 51236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:1:p:57-85 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .