Pricing Deposit Insurance in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1993. "Self-Interested Bank Regulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 206-212, May.
- Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997.
"Strategic Debt Service,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 531-556, June.
- Pierre Mella-Barral & William R M Perraudin, 1993. "Strategic Debt Service," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0039, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 33 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V 0DX..
- Fries Steven & Mason Robin & Perraudin William, 1993. "Evaluating Deposit Insurance for Japanese Banks," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 356-386, December.
- Merton, Robert C, 1978.
"On the Cost of Deposit Insurance When There Are Surveillance Costs,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 439-452, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the cost of deposit insurance when there are surveillance costs," Working papers 903-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- R. Dan Brumbaugh, JR. & Andrew S. Carron & Robert E. Litan, 1989. "Cleaning Up the Depository Institutions Mess," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 20(1), pages 243-296.
- Portes,, 1987. "Threats to International Financial Stability," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521347891, December.
- Kane, Edward J, 1990. "Principal-Agent Problems in S&L Salvage," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 755-764, July.
- Kim, Daesik & Santomero, Anthony M, 1988. " Risk in Banking and Capital Regulation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1219-1233, December.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Calomiris, Charles W., 1990. "Is Deposit Insurance Necessary? A Historical Perspective," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(2), pages 283-295, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rossana Díaz Narváez & Jean François Clévy, 2006. "Determinantes del spread bancario en Nicaragua: un análisis econométrico," Monetaria, CEMLA, vol. 0(2), pages 185-216, abril-jun.
- César Calderón & Rodrigo Fuentes, 2006. "¿Cuánto explican las reformas y la calidad de las instituciones del crecimiento chileno?: una comparación internacional," Monetaria, CEMLA, vol. 0(2), pages 119-149, abril-jun.
- Juan Carlos Castañeda F. & Óscar Leonel Herrera V. & Carlos Antonio Alvarado M., 2006. "Midiendo el riesgo bancario en Guatemala: un enfoque de opciones," Monetaria, CEMLA, vol. 0(2), pages 217-234, abril-jun.
- Omar A. Mendoza Lugo, 2006. "Las asimetrías del pass-through en Venezuela," Monetaria, CEMLA, vol. 0(2), pages 151-183, abril-jun.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Decamps, Jean-Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Roger, Benoit, 2004.
"The three pillars of Basel II: optimizing the mix,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 132-155, April.
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Roger, Benoît, 2003. "The Three Pillars of Basel II, Optimizing the Mix," IDEI Working Papers 179, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gorton, Gary & Winton, Andrew, 2003.
Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 431-552,
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 8928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Winton, 2002. "Financial Intermediation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Warren P. Hogan & Ian G. Sharpe, 1990. "Risk-Based Capital Adequacy of Australian Banks," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 15(1), pages 177-201, June.
- Hoque, Hafiz & Andriosopoulos, Dimitris & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Douady, Raphael, 2015.
"Bank regulation, risk and return: Evidence from the credit and sovereign debt crises,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 455-474.
- Hafiz Hoque & Dimitris Andriosopoulos & Kostas Andriosopoulos & Raphaël Douady, 2015. "Bank Regulation, Risk and Return: Evidence from the Credit and Sovereign Debt Crises," Post-Print hal-01161670, HAL.
- Hafiz Hoque & Dimitris Andriosopoulos & Kostas Andriosopoulos & Raphaël Douady, 2015. "Bank Regulation, Risk and Return: Evidence from the Credit and Sovereign Debt Crises," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01161670, HAL.
- Kane, Edward J., 1995. "Three paradigms for the role of capitalization requirements in insured financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 431-459, June.
- Javier Suárez, 1998. "Risk-taking and the prudential regulation of banks," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(3), pages 307-336, September.
- Laeven, Luc, 2002. "Pricing of deposit insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2871, The World Bank.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- João A. C. Santos, 2000. "Bank capital regulation in contemporary banking theory: a review of the literature," BIS Working Papers 90, Bank for International Settlements.
- Schellhorn, Carolin D. & Spellman, Lewis J., 2000. "Bank forbearance: A market-based explanation," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 451-466.
- Morrison, Alan D. & White, Lucy, 2011. "Deposit insurance and subsidized recapitalizations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3400-3416.
- Laeven, Luc, 2002. "International evidence on the value of deposit insurance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 721-732.
- Schüler, Martin, 2003. "Incentive Problems in Banking Supervision: The European Case," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-62, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Masciandaro, D. & Nieto, M. & Prast, H.M., 2007.
"Financial Governance of Banking Supervision,"
Other publications TiSEM
65d7ff26-dca3-4da3-86ff-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Donato Masciandaro & María J. Nieto & Henriëtte Prast, 2007. "Financial governance of banking supervision," Working Papers 0725, Banco de España.
- Blum, Jurg, 1999. "Do capital adequacy requirements reduce risks in banking?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 755-771, May.
- Dermine, Jean & Lajeri, Fatma, 2001. "Credit risk and the deposit insurance premium: a note," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 497-508.
- Epps, T. W. & Pulley, Lawrence B. & Humphrey, David B., 1996. "Assessing the FDIC's premium and examination policies using 'Soviet' put options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 699-721, May.
- Kanak Patel & Ricardo Pereira, 2007. "Expected Default Probabilities in Structural Models: Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 107-133, January.
- Nan Chen & S. G. Kou, 2009. "Credit Spreads, Optimal Capital Structure, And Implied Volatility With Endogenous Default And Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 343-378, July.
- Georges Dionne, 2003.
"The Foundationsof Banks' Risk Regulation: A Review of Literature,"
THEMA Working Papers
2003-46, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Georges Dionne, 2003. "The Foundations of Banks' Risk Regulation: a Review of the Literature," Cahiers de recherche 0346, CIRPEE.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Digital Media Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.