Charter Schools: An Introduction and Discussion for the Case of Kansas and Surrounding States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory R. Weiher & Kent L. Tedin, 2002. "Does choice lead to racially distinctive schools? Charter schools and household preferences," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 79-92.
- Stoddard, Christiana & Corcoran, Sean P., 2007. "The political economy of school choice: Support for charter schools across states and school districts," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 27-54, July.
- Linda A. Renzulli, 2006. "District Segregation, Race Legislation, and Black Enrollment in Charter Schools," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 87(3), pages 618-637, September.
- Ni, Yongmei, 2009. "The impact of charter schools on the efficiency of traditional public schools: Evidence from Michigan," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 571-584, October.
- Mark Schneider & Jack Buckley, 2006. "Charter Schools: Hype or Hope?," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 123-138, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michael S. Kofoed & Christopher Fawson, 2021. "A neighborly welcome? Charter school entrance and public school competition on the capital margin," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 188(1), pages 75-94, July.
- Christian Buerger, 2020. "The Influence of Finance Policies on Charter School Supply Decisions in Five States," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 44-74, June.
- Carlson, Deven & Lavery, Lesley & Witte, John F., 2012. "Charter school authorizers and student achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 254-267.
- Sorensen, Lucy C. & Holt, Stephen B., 2021.
"Sorting it Out: The Effects of Charter Expansion on Teacher and Student Composition at Traditional Public Schools,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Sorensen, Lucy & Holt, Stephen B, 2021. "Sorting it Out: The Effects of Charter Expansion on Teacher and Student Composition at Traditional Public Schools," SocArXiv y6wh4, Center for Open Science.
- Shi, Ying & Singleton, John D., 2019. "Expertise and Independence on Governing Boards: Evidence from School Districts," IZA Discussion Papers 12414, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John D. Singleton, 2019.
"Incentives and the Supply of Effective Charter Schools,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 109(7), pages 2568-2612, July.
- Singleton, John, 2017. "Incentives and the Supply of Effective Charter Schools," MPRA Paper 83532, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Fairlie, 2002.
"Private schools and “Latino flight” from black schoolchildren,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(4), pages 655-674, November.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "Private Schools and "Latino Flight" from Black Schoolchildren," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2t30n9gq, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Jung-Sook Kim & Yeo-Jung Hwang, 2014. "The Effects of School Choice on Parental School Participation and School Satisfaction in Korea," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 363-385, January.
- Imberman, Scott A., 2011.
"The effect of charter schools on achievement and behavior of public school students,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 850-863.
- Imberman, Scott A., 2011. "The effect of charter schools on achievement and behavior of public school students," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 850-863, August.
- Scott Imberman, 2009. "The Effect of Charter Schools on Achievement and Behaviorof Public School Students," Working Papers 2009-02, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Nevbahar Ertas, 2013. "Charter Schools and Student Compositions of Traditional Public Schools," SAGE Open, , vol. 3(2), pages 21582440134, June.
- Maria Ferreyra & Brett Gordon & Dennis Epple, 2011. "Charter School Entry in Market Equilibrium: The Case of Washington, DC," 2011 Meeting Papers 1266, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Joshi, Priyadarshani, 2020. "Do private schools improve public school quality or increase stratification?," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- Gregory Elacqua & Matías Martínez, 2011. "Searching for schools in a low quality market: Evidence from Chile," Working Papers 16, Facultad de Economía y Empresa, Universidad Diego Portales.
- David M. Brasington & Diane Hite, 2014. "School Choice: Supporters And Opponents," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 76-92, January.
- Helen F. Ladd & John D. Singleton, 2020. "The Fiscal Externalities of Charter Schools: Evidence from North Carolina," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 15(1), pages 191-208, Winter.
- Martin, Stephanie M., 2010. "The determinants of school district salary incentives: An empirical analysis of, where and why," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1143-1153, December.
- Scott Milliman & Robert Maranto & William Wood, 2015. "Education Reform and School District Leadership: Did Initial Charter Penetration Influence Superintendent Salaries in Arizona?," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(4), pages 501-512, December.
- Filer, Randall K. & Münich, Daniel, 2013. "Responses of private and public schools to voucher funding," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 269-285.
- Jeffrey Max & Christina Tuttle & Philip Gleason & Diana McCallum & Brian Gill, "undated". "How Does School Choice Affect Student Achievement in Traditional Public Schools?," Mathematica Policy Research Reports b36d8f1911714dd68ceac8a3e, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Dennis Epple & Richard Romano & Ron Zimmer, 2015. "Charter Schools: A Survey of Research on Their Characteristics and Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 21256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bks:tchrpt:110624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cauksus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Rob Szarka (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cauksus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.