Fair value accounting for financial instruments: some implications for bank regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guillaume Plantin & Haresh Sapra & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Marking-to-Market: Panacea or Pandora's Box?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 435-460, May.
- Chava, Sudheer & Jarrow, Robert, 2008. "Modeling loan commitments," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 11-20, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vighneswara Swamy & Vijayalakshmi, 2012.
"Fair value accounting in banking - issues in convergence to IFRS,"
African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 270-280.
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2010. "Fair value accounting in banking - Issues in convergence to IFRS," MPRA Paper 40881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Swamy, Vighneswara & S, Vijayalakshmi, 2012. "Fair Value Accounting in Banking – Issues in Convergence to IFRS," MPRA Paper 47514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heaton, John C. & Lucas, Deborah & McDonald, Robert L., 2010. "Is mark-to-market accounting destabilizing? Analysis and implications for policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 64-75, January.
- David VanHoose, 2007. "Market Discipline and Supervisory Discretion in Banking: Reinforcing or Conflicting Pillars of Basel II?," NFI Working Papers 2007-WP-06, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009.
"The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, pages 826-834.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Blacconiere, Walter G. & Frederickson, James R. & Johnson, Marilyn F. & Lewis, Melissa F., 2011. "Are voluntary disclosures that disavow the reliability of mandated fair value information informative or opportunistic?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 235-251.
More about this item
Keywordsfair values; financial instruments; information asymmetry;
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-06-18 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2007-06-18 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2007-06-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2007-06-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .