Expert Imitation in P2P Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Herzenstein, Michal & Dholakia, Utpal M. & Andrews, Rick L., 2011. "Strategic Herding Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Loan Auctions," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 27-36.
- Raghuram Iyengar & Christophe Van den Bulte & Thomas W. Valente, 2011. "Opinion Leadership and Social Contagion in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 195-212, 03-04.
- Chen, Xiao & Huang, Bihong & Ye, Dezhu, 2018. "The role of punctuation in P2P lending: Evidence from China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 634-643.
- Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto & Luz López-Palacios, 2015. "Determinants of Default in P2P Lending," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(10), pages 1-22, October.
- Sylwester, Kevin, 2000. "Income inequality, education expenditures, and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 379-398, December.
- Giulia Menichetti & Daniel Remondini & Pietro Panzarasa & Raúl J Mondragón & Ginestra Bianconi, 2014. "Weighted Multiplex Networks," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(6), pages 1-8, June.
- Arieli, Itai, 2017. "Payoff externalities and social learning," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 392-410.
- Juanjuan Zhang & Peng Liu, 2012. "Rational Herding in Microloan Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 892-912, May.
- Duncan J. Watts & Peter Sheridan Dodds, 2007. "Influentials, Networks, and Public Opinion Formation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(4), pages 441-458, May.
- Kahle, Lynn R & Homer, Pamela M, 1985. "Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser: A Social Adaptation Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 954-961, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Teply, Petr & Polena, Michal, 2020. "Best classification algorithms in peer-to-peer lending," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Andreas Dietrich & Reto Wernli, 2020. "Determinants of Interest Rates in the P2P Consumer Lending Market: How Rational are Investors?," Papers 2003.11347, arXiv.org.
- Michal Polena & Tobias Regner, 2018.
"Determinants of Borrowers’ Default in P2P Lending under Consideration of the Loan Risk Class,"
Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-17, October.
- Michal Polena & Tobias Regner, 2016. "Determinants of borrowers' default in P2P lending under consideration of the loan risk class," Jena Economic Research Papers 2016-023, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Chen, Shiyi & Gu, Yan & Liu, Qingfu & Tse, Yiuman, 2020. "How do lenders evaluate borrowers in peer-to-peer lending in China?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 651-662.
- Ruomeng Cui & Dennis J. Zhang & Achal Bassamboo, 2019. "Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(3), pages 1216-1235, March.
- Mingfeng Tang & Mei Mei & Cuiwen Li & Xingyang Lv & Xushuang Li & Lihao Wang, 2020. "How does an individual’s default behavior on an online peer-to-peer lending platform influence an observer’s default intention?," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Langley, David J. & Hoeve, Maarten C. & Ortt, J. Roland & Pals, Nico & van der Vecht, Bob, 2014. "Patterns of Herding and their Occurrence in an Online Setting," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 16-25.
- Qihua Liu & Xiaoyu Zhang & Liyi Zhang & Yang Zhao, 2019. "The interaction effects of information cascades, word of mouth and recommendation systems on online reading behavior: an empirical investigation," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 521-547, September.
- Tolga Akcura & Kemal Altinkemer & Hailiang Chen, 0. "Noninfluentials and information dissemination in the microblogging community," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-18.
- Yingxiu Zhao & Wei Zhang & Pengfei Wang & Dehua Shen, 2020. "Borrower platform choice: The influencing factors on herding," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(01), pages 1-12, March.
- Meyners, Jannik & Barrot, Christian & Becker, Jan U. & Bodapati, Anand V., 2017. "Reward-scrounging in customer referral programs," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 382-398.
- Thomas Clauss & Thomas Niemand & Sascha Kraus & Patrick Schnetzer & Alexander Brem, 2019. "Increasing Crowdfunding Success Through Social Media: The Importance Of Reach And Utilisation In Reward-Based Crowdfunding," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 24(03), pages 1-30, May.
- Peng Wang & Haichao Zheng & Dongyu Chen & Liangchao Ding, 2015. "Exploring the critical factors influencing online lending intentions," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Tolga Akcura & Kemal Altinkemer & Hailiang Chen, 2018. "Noninfluentials and information dissemination in the microblogging community," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 89-106, June.
- Yan Lin & Wai Fong Boh, 2020. "How different Are crowdfunders? Examining archetypes of crowdfunders," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 71(11), pages 1357-1370, November.
- Qingliang Wang & Fred Miao & Giri Kumar Tayi & En Xie, 2019. "What makes online content viral? The contingent effects of hub users versus non–hub users on social media platforms," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 1005-1026, November.
- BELLEFLAMME Paul, & LAMBERT Thomas, & SCHWIENBACHER Armin,, 2019. "Crowdfunding dynamics," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2019014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Carla Martínez-Climent & Ana Zorio-Grima & Domingo Ribeiro-Soriano, 2018. "Financial return crowdfunding: literature review and bibliometric analysis," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 527-553, September.
- Matthew J. Hashim & Karthik N. Kannan & Sandra Maximiano, 2017. "Information Feedback, Targeting, and Coordination: An Experimental Study," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 28(2), pages 289-308, June.
- Sarah Gelper & Ralf van der Lans & Gerrit van Bruggen, 2021. "Competition for Attention in Online Social Networks: Implications for Seeding Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(2), pages 1026-1047, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPeer-to-Peer Lending; Network Analysis; Expert Imitation; Big Data; Financial Technology;
All these keywords.
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G40 - Financial Economics - - Behavioral Finance - - - General
- G41 - Financial Economics - - Behavioral Finance - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making in Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2020-05-18 (Banking)
- NEP-BIG-2020-05-18 (Big Data)
- NEP-PAY-2020-05-18 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bir:birmec:20-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oleksandr Talavera). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/debhauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.