Colombian bank efficiency and the role of market structure
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Apergis & Effrosyni Alevizopoulou, 2011. "Bank Efficiency: Evidence from a Panel of European Banks," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(3), pages 329-341, September.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen & Waterson, Michael, 1984. "The Profitability-Concentration Relation: Market Power or Efficiency?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 435-450, June.
- Esteban Gómez & Andrés Murcia Pabón & Nancy Zamudio Gómez, 2013. "Foreign Debt Flows and Domestic Credit: A Principal-Agent Approach," Temas de Estabilidad Financiera 075, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Dairo Estrada & Poldy Osorio, 2004.
"Effects of Financial Capital on Colombian Banking Efficiency,"
Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 22(47), pages 162-201, December.
- Dairo Estrada & Poldy Osorio, 2004. "Effects Of Financial Capital On Colombian Banking Efficiency," Revista ESPE - Ensayos Sobre Política Económica, Banco de la República - ESPE, vol. 22(47), pages 162-201, December.
- Dairo Estrada & Poldy Osorio, 2004. "Effects Of Financial Capital On Colombian Banking Efficiency," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002432, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Dairo Estrada & Poldy Osorio, 2004. "Effects of Financial Capital on Colombian Banking Efficiency," Borradores de Economia 292, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Sufian, Fadzlan, 2009. "Determinants of bank efficiency during unstable macroeconomic environment: Empirical evidence from Malaysia," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 54-77, January.
- José Luis Carreño & Gino Loyola & Yolanda Portilla, 2010. "Eficiencia Bancaria en Chile: un Enfoque de Frontera de Beneficios," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 603, Central Bank of Chile.
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Harald Tauchmann, 2012. "Partial frontier efficiency analysis," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 461-478, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carolina Ortega Londoño, 2018. "Transmission of Monetary Policy and Bank Heterogeneity in Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 016792, Universidad EAFIT.
- Sarmiento, Miguel & Galán, Jorge E., 2017.
"The influence of risk-taking on bank efficiency: Evidence from Colombia,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 52-73.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The influence of risk-taking on bank efficiency: evidence from Colombia," Working Papers 1537, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The Influence of Risk-Taking on Bank Efficiency: Evidence from Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 013254, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Miguel Sarmiento & Jorge E. Galán, 2015. "The Influence of Risk-Taking on Bank Efficiency: Evidence from Colombia," Borradores de Economia 894, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Sarmiento Paipilla, N.M. & Galán, Jorge E., 2015. "The Influence of Risk-taking on Bank Efficiency : Evidence from Colombia," Discussion Paper 2015-036, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Carolina Ortega Londoño & Diego Restrepo, 2018. "Transmission of Monetary Policy and Bank Heterogeneity in Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 016987, Universidad EAFIT.
- Galán, Jorge E. & Sarmiento, Miguel, 2014. "Heterogeneous effects of risk-taking on bank efficiency : a stochastic frontier model with random coefficients," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws142013, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
More about this item
KeywordsBank Efficiency; Concentration; Market Power; Stochastic Frontier Analysis; Order-m.;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2013-08-10 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2013-08-10 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2013-08-10 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-LAM-2013-08-10 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdr:temest:076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Clorith Angélica Bahos-Olivera). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/brcgvco.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.