Don’t look back in anger: The use of derivatives in public debt management in Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy C Irwin, 2012. "Accounting Devices and Fiscal Illusions," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/02, International Monetary Fund.
- Wolswijk, Guido & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Government debt management in the euro area - recent theoretical developments and changes in practices," Occasional Paper Series 25, European Central Bank.
- Gustavo Piga, 2001. "Do Governments Use Financial Derivatives Appropriately? Evidence from Sovereign Borrowers in Developed Economies," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 189-219.
- Thordur Jonasson & Michael G. Papaioannou, 2018. "A Primer on Managing Sovereign Debt-Portfolio Risks," IMF Working Papers 2018/074, International Monetary Fund.
- Zingales, Luigi, 2015. "Does Finance Benefit Society?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lex Hoogduin & Bahar Öztürk & Peter Wierts, 2011.
"Public Debt Managers' Behaviour Interactions with Macro Policies,"
Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 62(6), pages 1105-1122.
- Lex Hoogduin & Bahar Öztürk & Peter Wierts, 2010. "Public Debt Managers Behaviour: Interactions with Macro Policies," DNB Working Papers 273, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Hans J. Blommestein & Das Udaibir & Alison Harwood & Ceyla Pazarbasiogl & Anderson Silva, 2008. "Use of derivatives for debt management and domestic debt market development: Key conclusions," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 223-235.
- Luigi Zingales, 2015. "Presidential Address: Does Finance Benefit Society?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 1327-1363, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Berger, Allen N. & Molyneux, Phil & Wilson, John O.S., 2020. "Banks and the real economy: An assessment of the research," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Martin Holmen & Felix Holzmeister & Michael Kirchler & Matthias Stefan & Erik Wengström, 2021. "Economic Preferences and Personality Traits Among Finance Professionals and the General Population," Working Papers 2021-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2018.
"What is the Point of (the Hundreds of Thousands of Billions of) Stock Transactions?,"
Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 60(1), pages 15-33, March.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2018. "What is the Point of (the Hundreds of Thousands of Billions of) Stock Transactions?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-03029284, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2018. "What is the Point of (the Hundreds of Thousands of Billions of) Stock Transactions?," Post-Print hal-03029284, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2017.
"À quoi servent les (centaines de milliers de milliards de) transactions boursières ?,"
Revue d'économie financière, Association d'économie financière, vol. 0(3), pages 37-58.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2017. "À quoi servent les (centaines de milliers de milliards de) transactions boursières ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-03029280, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2017. "À quoi servent les (centaines de milliers de milliards de) transactions boursières ?," Post-Print hal-03029280, HAL.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2017.
"Fraudulent Income Overstatement on Mortgage Applications During the Credit Expansion of 2002 to 2005,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(6), pages 1832-1864.
- Atif R. Mian & Amir Sufi, 2015. "Fraudulent Income Overstatement on Mortgage Applications during the Credit Expansion of 2002 to 2005," NBER Working Papers 20947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R Gandhi, 2012. "Sovereign debt management in India: interaction with monetary policy," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Fiscal policy, public debt and monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 67, pages 193-198, Bank for International Settlements.
- Francesco D'Acunto & Laurent Frésard, 2018. "Finance, Talent Allocation, and Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 6883, CESifo.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Crifo, Patricia & Diaye, Marc-Arthur & Oueghlissi, Rim & Scholtens, Bert, 2019.
"Sovereign bond yield spreads and sustainability: An empirical analysis of OECD countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 156-169.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Patricia Crifo & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Rim Oueghlissi & Bert Scholtens, 2019. "Sovereign bond yield spreads and sustainability: An empirical analysis of OECD countries," Post-Print hal-02342867, HAL.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Patricia Crifo & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Rim Oueghlissi & Bert Scholtens, 2019. "Sovereign bond yield spreads and sustainability: An empirical analysis of OECD countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-02342867, HAL.
- Basil Guggenheim & Mario Meichle & Thomas Nellen, 2019. "Confederation debt management since 1970," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics, Springer;Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics, vol. 155(1), pages 1-23, December.
- van Toor, Joris, 2017. "Essays on finance : Drivers of bank performance and the international cost of equity," Other publications TiSEM b607ab44-1bca-4f68-8ce9-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Niclas Berggren & Christian Bjørnskov, 2019. "Regulation and government debt," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 178(1), pages 153-178, January.
- Weinstein, Russell, 2018.
"Dynamic responses to labor demand shocks: Evidence from the financial industry in Delaware,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 27-45.
- Russell Weinstein, 2017. "Dynamic Responses to Labor Demand Shocks: Evidence from the Financial Industry in Delaware," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 17-276, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Alberto BUCCI & Simone MARSIGLIO, 2016. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Long Run Equilibrium and Transitional Dynamics," Departmental Working Papers 2016-16, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Mario La Torre & Helen Chiappini (ed.), 2020. "Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Finance," Palgrave Studies in Impact Finance, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-3-030-40248-8, December.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Qian, Wenlan & Seru, Amit & Zhang, Jian, 2020. "Disguised corruption: Evidence from consumer credit in China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 430-450.
- Oluseun Paseda Ph.D, 2020. "The Mystery of Zero-Leverage Firms: Evidence from Nigerian Quoted Firms," GATR Journals afr187, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Anna Ząbkowicz & Sławomir Czech, 2016. "Revisiting conventional wisdom: does financialization have to leave sovereigns subordinated?," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 47.
- Martijn Cremers, 2017. "What Corporate Governance Can Learn from Catholic Social Teaching," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(4), pages 711-724, November.
- Brown, James R. & Martinsson, Gustav & Petersen, Bruce C., 2017. "Stock markets, credit markets, and technology-led growth," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 45-59.
- Barattieri, Alessandro & Eden, Maya & Stevanovic, Dalibor, 2020. "Risk sharing, efficiency of capital allocation, and the connection between banks and the real economy," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
More about this item
Keywordsderivatives; public finance; public debt;
All these keywords.
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2020-04-06 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:opques:qef_550_20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.