Optimal Currency Areas: A Review of the Recent Literature
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Terence D. Agbeyegbe, 2008.
"On the feasibility of a monetary union in the Southern Africa Development Community,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 150-157.
- Terence D.Agbeyegbe, 2003. "On the feasibility of a monetary union in the Southern Africa Development Community," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 306, Hunter College Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- Adolfo Maza & Ignacio Moral-Arce, 2006. "An analysis of wage flexibility: evidence from the Spanish regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(3), pages 621-637, August.
- Bystrom, Hans N.E. & Olofsdotter, Karin & Soderstrom, Lars, 2005. "Is China an optimum currency area?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 612-634, August.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2011.
"Capital market imperfections and the theory of optimum currency areas,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1659-1675.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 2008. "Capital Market Imperfections and the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas," NBER Working Papers 14088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2008. "Capital Market Imperfections and the Theory of Optimum Currency Areas," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7668j94x, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Shu-ki Tsang, 2002. "Optimum Currency Area for Mainland HCina and Hong Kong? Empirical Tests," Working Papers 162002, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Milo, Melanie S. & Pontines, Victor, 2001. "NO to ¥E$? Enhancing Economic Integration in East Asia through Closer Monetary Cooperation," Discussion Papers DP 2001-16, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Ayhan Kose & Roberto Cardarelli, 2004. "Economic Integration, Business Cycle, and Productivity in North America," IMF Working Papers 04/138, International Monetary Fund.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Siklos, Pierre L., 2002. "Alternative exchange-rate regimes: The options for Latin America," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 195-211, December.
- Tomasz Łyziak, 2001. "The premises and assumptions of monetary integration in Europe against the background of the theory of optimum currency area," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 3.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Jude Yuen, 2004.
"An Output Perspective on a Northeast Asia Currency Union,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1250, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yin-wong Cheung & Jude Yuen, 2005. "An Output Perspective on a Northeast Asia Currency Union," Working Papers 162005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Bamba, Lambert N'galadjo, 2004. "Analyse du Processus de Convergence Dans la Zone UEMOA," WIDER Working Paper Series 018, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Jude Yuen, 2005. "The Suitability Of A Greater China Currency Union," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 83-103, February.
- Schor, Armand-Denis, 2000. "La théorie des zones monétaires optimales : l’optimum, le praticable, le crédible et le réel," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(4), pages 545-576, décembre.
- Md. Abdur Rahman Forhad, 2014. "How many currencies in Saarc countries? a multivariate structural var approach," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(4), pages 265-286, October-D.
- Jörg Breitung & Bertrand Candelon, 2001. "Is There a Common European Business Cycle?: New Insights from a Frequency Domain Analysis," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(3), pages 331-338.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Anton Korinek & Pierre L. Siklos, 2003.
"The potential consequences of alternative exchange rate regimes: A study of three candidate regions,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 327-349.
- Eduard Hochreiter & Anton Korinek & Pierre L. Siklos, 2002. "The Potential Consequences of Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes: A Study of Three Candidate Regions," Working Papers 76, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Mahvash S Qureshi & Charalambos G Tsangarides, 2006. "What is Fuzzy About Clustering in West Africa?," IMF Working Papers 06/90, International Monetary Fund.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009. "Optimum-Currency-Area Paradoxes," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 536-551, August.
- Zahir, Antia & Djoudad, Ramdane & St-Amant, Pierre, 1999. "Canada’s Exchange Rate Regime and North American Economic Integration: The Role of Risk-Sharing Mechanisms," Staff Working Papers 99-17, Bank of Canada.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate regimes;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:99-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .