Estimating Settlement Risk and the Potential for Contagion in Canada's Automated Clearing Settlement System
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tkacz, Greg, 2004. "Inflation changes, yield spreads, and threshold effects," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-199.
References listed on IDEAS
- James, Christopher, 1991. " The Losses Realized in Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1223-1242, September.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Systemic risk, interbank relations, and liquidity provision by the central bank,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 611-640.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno M & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2000. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations, and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 611-638, August.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi & Jean Charles Rochet, 1998. "Systemic risk, interbank relations and liquidity provision by the Central Bank," Economics Working Papers 440, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 1999.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1999. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank," CEPR Discussion Papers 2325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- X. Freixas & B. Parigi & J-C. Rochet, 2000. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by theCentral Bank," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 47, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Kuussaari, Harri, 1996. "Systemic risk in the finnish payment system : An empirical investigation," Research Discussion Papers 3/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1998. "Financial Contagion Journal of Political Economy," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-31, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Angelini, P. & Maresca, G. & Russo, D., 1996. "Systemic risk in the netting system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 853-868, June.
- C. H. Furfine, 1999. "Interbank exposures: quantifying the risk of contagion," BIS Working Papers 70, Bank for International Settlements.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Docherty & Gehong Wang, 2009. "A Revided Exposition of the Methodology for Testing Payments Systems Risk," Working Paper Series 159, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Nicolas Labelle & Varya Taylor, 2014. "Removal of the Unwinding Provisions in the Automated Clearing Settlement System: A Risk Assessment," Discussion Papers 14-4, Bank of Canada.
- Massimo Cirasino & Mario Guadamillas & José Antonio García & Fernando Montes-Negret, 2007. "Reforming Payments and Securities Settlement Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6630, January.
- Docherty, Peter & Wang, Gehong, 2010.
"Using synthetic data to evaluate the impact of RTGS on systemic risk in the Australian payments system,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 103-117, June.
- Peter Docherty & G Wang, 2006. "Using Synthetic Data to Measure the Impact of RTGS on Systemic Risk in the Australian Payments System," Working Paper Series 149, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Upper, Christian, 2011. "Simulation methods to assess the danger of contagion in interbank markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 111-125, August.
- Eric Santor, 2007. "Contagion and the composition of Canadian banks' foreign asset portfolios: do financial crises matter?," CGFS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Research on global financial stability: the use of BIS international financial statistics, volume 29, pages 32-52 Bank for International Settlements.
- Iori Giulia & Kapar Burcu & Olmo Jose, 2015. "Bank characteristics and the interbank money market: a distributional approach," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(3), pages 249-283, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial institutions; Payments; clearing and settlements systems;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:02-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.