Why don\'t Asians invest in Asia:The determinants of cross-border portfolio holdings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alicia García-Herrero & Philip Wooldridge & Doo Yong Yang, 2009. "Why Don't Asians Invest in Asia? The Determinants of Cross-Border Portfolio Holdings," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 8(3), pages 228-246, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azis, Iwan J., 2013. "Inadequate Regional Financial Safety Nets Reflect Complacency," ADBI Working Papers 411, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Didier, Tatiana & Llovet, Ruth & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2017.
"International financial integration of East Asia and Pacific,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 52-66.
- Didier Brandao,Tatiana & Llovet Montanes,Ruth & Schmukler,Sergio L., 2016. "International financial integration of East Asia and Pacific," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7772, The World Bank.
- Tatiana Didier & Ruth Llovet Montanes & Sergio Luis Schmukler, 2017. "International Financial Integration of East Asia and Pacific," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 139, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Gochoco-Bautista, Maria Socorro & Remolona, Eli M., 2012. "Going Regional: How to Deepen ASEAN's Financial Markets," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 300, Asian Development Bank.
- Rabin Hattari & Ramkishen S. Rajan, 2011. "How Different are FDI and FPI Flows?: Does Distance Alter the Composition of Capital Flows?," Working Papers 092011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Okawa, Yohei & van Wincoop, Eric, 2012. "Gravity in International Finance," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 205-215.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:58:y:2013:i:04:n:s0217590813500264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hattari, Rabin & S. Rajan, Ramkishen, 2011. "How Different are FDI and FPI Flows?: Distance and Capital Market Integration," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 26, pages 499-525.
- repec:wsi:gjexxx:v:02:y:2013:i:02:n:s2251361213500067 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:92:y:2017:i:c:p:29-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boamah, Nicholas Addai & Watts, Edward J. & Loudon, Geoffrey, 2016. "Investigating temporal variation in the global and regional integration of African stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 103-118.
- Olaf Unteroberdoerster & Runchana Pongsaparn, 2011. "Financial Integration and Rebalancing in Asia," IMF Working Papers 11/243, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:88-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vahagn Galstyan & Philip Lane, 2010. "The Dynamics of Portfolio Holdings in Emerging Europe," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp346, IIIS.
- Boamah, Nicholas Addai, 2017. "The dynamics of the relative global sector effects and contagion in emerging markets equity returns," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 433-453.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-border portfolio investment; regional financial integration; gravity model;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2010-04-11 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2010-04-11 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbv:wpaper:0908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (OSCAR DE LAS PENAS SANCHEZ-CARO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebbvaes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.