A Retrospective On Taxation In Developing Countries: Will The Weakest Link Be Strengthened?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roy Bahl, 2014. "A retrospective on taxation in developing countries: Will the weakest link be strengthened?," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 12, pages 405-442 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bird,Richard & Gendron,Pierre-Pascal, 2011. "The VAT in Developing and Transitional Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107401440, April.
- Richard M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2008.
"Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward,"
Working Papers Series
16, Rotman Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Aug 2008.
- Richard.M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2009. "Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward," Working Papers id:2072, eSocialSciences.
- Richard M. Bird & Eric M. Zolt, 2014.
"Redistribution via Taxation: The Limited Role of the Personal Income Tax in Developing Countries,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 625-683, November.
- Richard M. Bird & Eric M. Zolt, 2005. "Redistribution via Taxation: The Limited Role of the Personal Income Tax in Developing Countries," International Tax Program Papers 0508, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Keen, Michael & Lockwood, Ben, 2010.
"The value added tax: Its causes and consequences,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 138-151, July.
- Keen, Michael & Lockwood, Ben, 2007. "The Value Added Tax : Its Causes and Consequences," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 801, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ben Lockwood & Michael Keen, 2007. "The Value-Added Tax; Its Causes and Consequences," IMF Working Papers 07/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Keen & Ben Lockwood, 2007. "The Value Added Tax: Its Causes and Consequences," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/09, European University Institute.
- Ebel, Robert D. & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2002. "On the measurement and impact of fiscal decentralization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2809, The World Bank.
- Alan A. Tait & Wilfrid L. M. GrÃ¤tz & Barry J. Eichengreen, 1979. "International Comparisons of Taxation for Selected Developing Countries, 1972-76 (Comparaisons entre les systÃ¨mes fiscaux de certains pays en dÃ©veloppement, 1972-76) (Comparaciones internacionales d," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 123-156, March.
- Estache, Antonio, 2010. "Infrastructure finance in developing countries: An overview," EIB Papers 8/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- James Alm and Joege Martinez Vazquez, 2003. ""Sizing" the problem of the Hard-to-Tax," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0321, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Mark Rider & Sally Wallace, 2008. "Tax Reform in Russia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2368.
- Raja J. Chelliah, 1971. "Trends in Taxation in Developing Countries (Les tendances de la fiscalitÃ© dans les pays en voie de dÃ©veloppement) (Tendencias tributarias en los paÃses en desarrollo)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(2), pages 254-331, July.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Alan T. Peacock & Jack Wiseman, 1961. "The Growth of Public Expenditure in the United Kingdom," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number peac61-1, June.
- Baunsgaard, Thomas & Keen, Michael, 2010. "Tax revenue and (or?) trade liberalization," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(9-10), pages 563-577, October.
- Richard M. Bird & James M. Poterba & Joel Slemrod (ed.), 2005. "Fiscal Reform in Colombia: Problems and Prospects," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026202585x, January.
- Richard M. Bird & Eric M. Zolt, 2005. "Redistribution via Taxation: The Limited Role of the Personal Income Tax in Developing Countries (2005)," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0507, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2007. "Determinants of Tax Revenue Efforts in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Richard M. Bird & Sally Wallace, 2003. "Is It Really so Hard to Tax the Hard-to-Tax? The Context and Role of Presumptive Taxes," International Tax Program Papers 0307, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Goode, Richard, 1993. "Tax advice to developing countries: An historical survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-53, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy Bahl, 2017. "Metropolitan city finances in Asia and the Pacific region: issues, problems and reform options," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/17/04, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Luisito Bertinelli & Arnaud Bourgain & Abdoul Karim Diamoutene, University of Social Sciences and Management of Bamako, Mali , 2017. "Corporate Effective Tax Rate in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Formal Companies of Mali," CREA Discussion Paper Series 17-18, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ays:ispwps:paper1318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Benson). General contact details of provider: http://aysps.gsu.edu/isp/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.