Valid Locally Uniform Edgeworth Expansions Under Weak Dependence and Sequences of Smooth Transformations
In this paper we are concerned with the issue of the existence of locally uniform Edgeworth expansions for the distributions of parameterized random vectors. Our motivation resides on the fact that this could enable subsequent polynomial asymptotic expansions of moments. These could be useful for the establishment of asymptotic properties for estimators based on these moments. We derive sufficient conditions either in the case of stochastic processes exhibiting weak dependence, or in the case of smooth transformations of such expansions.
|Date of creation:||05 Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:||24 Aug 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 76, Patission Street, Athens 104 34|
Phone: (+301) 8214021
Fax: (301) 8214021
Web page: http://deos.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corradi, Valentina & Iglesias, Emma M., 2008. "Bootstrap refinements for QML estimators of the GARCH(1,1) parameters," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 500-510, June.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A. & Renault, E., 1992.
92.279, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Antonis Demos & Stelios Arvanitis, 2010. "Stochastic Expansions and Moment Approximations for Three Indirect Estimators," DEOS Working Papers 1004, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Stelios Arvanitis & Antonis Demos, 2012. "Valid Locally Uniform Edgeworth Expansions Under Weak Dependence and Sequences of Smooth Transformations," DEOS Working Papers 1229, Athens University of Economics and Business, revised 24 Aug 2012.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.