Error estimates for binomial approximations of game options
We justify and give error estimates for binomial approximations of game (Israeli) options in the Black--Scholes market with Lipschitz continuous path dependent payoffs which are new also for usual American style options. We show also that rational (optimal) exercise times and hedging self-financing portfolios of binomial approximations yield for game options in the Black--Scholes market ``nearly'' rational exercise times and ``nearly'' hedging self-financing portfolios with small average shortfalls and initial capitals close to fair prices of the options. The estimates rely on strong invariance principle type approximations via the Skorokhod embedding.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaushik Amin & Ajay Khanna, 1994. "Convergence Of American Option Values From Discrete- To Continuous-Time Financial Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 289-304.
- Andreas Kyprianou, 2004. "Some calculations for Israeli options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "When Does Convergence of Asset Price Processes Imply Convergence of Option Prices?," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 385-403.
- Gapeev Pavel V. & Kühn Christoph, 2005. "Perpetual convertible bonds in jump-diffusion models," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 23(1/2005), pages 15-31, January.
- L.C.G. Rogers & E.J. Stapleton, 1997. "Fast accurate binomial pricing," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 3-17.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:math/0607123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.