Random Dynamics and Finance: Constructing Implied Binomial Trees from a Predetermined Stationary Den
We introduce a general binomial model for asset prices based on the concept of random maps. The asymptotic stationary distribution for such model is studied using techniques from dynamical systems. In particular, we present a technique to construct a general binomial model with a predetermined stationary distribution. This technique is independent of the chosen distribution making our model potentially useful in financial applications. We brie y explore the suitability of our construction as an implied binomial tree.
|Date of creation:||04 Sep 2006|
|Publication status:||Published, Applied Stochastics models in Business and Industry, 2007, vol. 23(3): pp. 181-212.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unav.edu/web/facultad-de-ciencias-economicas-y-empresariales|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Rubinstein, Mark, 2003. "Recovering Probabilities and Risk Aversion from Option Prices and Realized Returns," MPRA Paper 11638, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2004.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Walter Schachermayer, 1998. "When Does Convergence of Asset Price Processes Imply Convergence of Option Prices?," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 385-403.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth., 1996.
"Generalized Binomial Trees,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-264, University of California at Berkeley.
- Francine Diener & MARC Diener, 2004. "Asymptotics of the price oscillations of a European call option in a tree model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 271-293.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1995.
"Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
5351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 499-547, 04.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, "undated". "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," CRSP working papers 332, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Tina Hviid Rydberg, 1999. "Generalized Hyperbolic Diffusion Processes with Applications in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 183-201.
- Constantinides, George M. & Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Perrakis, Stylianos, 2007.
"Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions,"
11637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth & George M. Constantinaides & Stylianos Perrakis, 2005. "Option Pricing: Real and Risk-Neutral Distributions," CoFE Discussion Paper 05-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Rubinstein, Mark, 1996. " Recovering Probability Distributions from Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1611-1632, December.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1999. "Option Implied Risk-Neutral Distributions and Implied Binomial Trees: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 11634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- He, Hua, 1990.
"Convergence from Discrete- to Continuous-Time Contingent Claims Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 523-546.
- Hua He., 1990. "Convergence from Discrete to Continuous Time Contingent Claims Prices," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-199, University of California at Berkeley.
- Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppï¿½, "undated". "Random Dynamical Systems in Economics," IEW - Working Papers 067, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:una:unccee:wp1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.