A recombining lattice option pricing model that relaxes the assumption of lognormality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Corrado, Charles J & Su, Tie, 1996.
"Skewness and Kurtosis in S&P 500 Index Returns Implied by Option Prices,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 175-192, Summer.
- Charles J. Corrado & Tie Su, 1996. "Skewness And Kurtosis In S&P 500 Index Returns Implied By Option Prices," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 175-192, June.
- Jens Carsten Jackwerth., 1996. "Generalized Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-264, University of California at Berkeley.
- Liuren Wu, 2006.
"Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1445-1474, May.
- Liuren Wu, 2004. "Dampened Power Law: Reconciling the Tail Behavior of Financial Security Returns," Finance 0401001, EconWPA.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2003.
"The Finite Moment Log Stable Process and Option Pricing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 753-778, April.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002. "The Finite Moment Log Stable Process and Option Pricing," Finance 0207012, EconWPA.
- Hall, Joyce A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1989. "The Distribution of Futures Prices: A Test of the Stable Paretian and Mixture of Normals Hypotheses," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 105-116, March.
- Lombardi, Marco J. & Calzolari, Giorgio, 2009.
"Indirect estimation of [alpha]-stable stochastic volatility models,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2298-2308, April.
- Marco Lombardi & Giorgio Calzolari, 2006. "Indirect estimation of alpha-stable stochastic volatility models," Econometrics Working Papers Archive wp2006_07, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Statistica, Informatica, Applicazioni "G. Parenti".
- Allen C. Miller, III & Thomas R. Rice, 1983. "Discrete Approximations of Probability Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 352-362, March.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. " Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-320, June.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-280, April.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1994. " Implied Binomial Trees," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 771-818, July.
- Jiun Hong Chan & Mark Joshi & Robert Tang & Chao Yang, 2009. "Trinomial or binomial: Accelerating American put option price on trees," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(9), pages 826-839, September.
- Robert JARROW & Andrew RUDD, 2008.
"Approximate Option Valuation For Arbitrary Stochastic Processes,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 1, pages 9-31
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert & Rudd, Andrew, 1982. "Approximate option valuation for arbitrary stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 347-369, November.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1988. "The Use of the Control Variate Technique in Option Pricing," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 237-251, September.
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996. "American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1211-1250.
- Mark Rubinstein., 1994. "Implied Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-232, University of California at Berkeley.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Rubinstein, Mark, 1996. " Recovering Probability Distributions from Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1611-1632, December.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Paul V. Preckel & Eric DeVuyst, 1992. "Efficient Handling of Probability Information for Decision Analysis under Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 655-662.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hyun Seok Kim & B. Wade Brorsen, 2012. "Can real option values explain apparent storage at a loss?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(16), pages 2081-2090, June.
- Tianyang Wang & James Dyer & Warren Hahn, 2015. "A copula-based approach for generating lattices," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 263-289, October.
More about this item
KeywordsBinomial trees; Gaussian quadrature; Option pricing; C58; G13; Q14;
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revdev:v:14:y:2011:i:3:p:349-367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.