VWAP execution and guaranteed VWAP
Optimal liquidation using VWAP strategies has been considered in the literature, though never in the presence of permanent market impact and only rarely with execution costs. Moreover, only VWAP strategies have been studied and the pricing of guaranteed VWAP contracts has never been addressed. In this article, we develop a model to price guaranteed VWAP contracts in a general framework for market impact and we highlight the differences between an agency VWAP and a guaranteed VWAP contract. Numerical methods and applications are also provided.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Konishi, Hizuru, 2002. "Optimal slice of a VWAP trade," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 197-221, April.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L., 2011. "Optimal VWAP trading under noisy conditions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2319-2329, September.
- Alexander Schied & Torsten Schoneborn & Michael Tehranchi, 2010. "Optimal Basket Liquidation for CARA Investors is Deterministic," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 471-489.
- Jedrzej Bialkowski & Serge Darolles & Gaëlle Le Fol, 2008.
"Improving VWAP strategies: A dynamic volume approach,"
- Bialkowski, Jedrzej & Darolles, Serge & Le Fol, Gaëlle, 2008. "Improving VWAP strategies: A dynamic volume approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1709-1722, September.
- Jedrzej Białkowski & Serge Darolles & Gaëlle Le Fol, 2006. "Improving VWAP strategies: A dynamical volume approach," Documents de recherche 06-08, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1995. "Approximation Pricing and the Variance-Optimal Martingale Measure," Discussion Paper Serie B 336, University of Bonn, Germany.
- James McCulloch, 2007.
"Relative volume as a doubly stochastic binomial point process,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 55-62.
- James McCulloch, 2005. "Relative Volume as a Doubly Stochastic Binomial Point Process," Research Paper Series 146, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dylan Possama\"i & Guillaume Royer & Nizar Touzi, 2013. "On the Robust superhedging of measurable claims," Papers 1302.1850, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2013.
- James McCulloch & Vladimir Kazakov, 2007. "Optimal VWAP Trading Strategy and Relative Volume," Research Paper Series 201, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1306.2832. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.