Generalized stochastic target problems for pricing and partial hedging under loss constraints—application in optimal book liquidation
We consider a singular version with state constraints of the stochastic target problems studied in Soner and Touzi (SIAM J. Control Optim. 41:404–424, 2002 ; J. Eur. Math. Soc. 4:201–236, 2002 ) and more recently Bouchard et al. (SIAM J. Control Optim. 48:3123–3150, 2009 ), among others. This provides a general framework for the pricing of contingent claims under risk constraints. Our extended version perfectly fits the market models with proportional transaction costs and the order book liquidation issues. Our main result is a direct PDE characterization of the associated pricing function. As an example application, we discuss the valuation of VWAP-guaranteed-type book liquidation contracts, for a general class of risk functions. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/101164/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- Bouchard, Bruno & Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Explicit Solution of the Multivariate Super-Replication Problem under Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1533, Paris Dauphine University.
- Sophie Laruelle & Charles-Albert Lehalle & Gilles Pagès, 2009.
"Optimal split of orders across liquidity pools: a stochastic algorithm approach,"
- Sophie Laruelle & Charles-Albert Lehalle & Gilles Pag\`es, 2009. "Optimal split of orders across liquidity pools: a stochastic algorithm approach," Papers 0910.1166, arXiv.org, revised May 2010.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Direct characterization of the value of super-replication under stochastic volatility and portfolio constraints," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 305-328, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:17:y:2013:i:1:p:31-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.