Generalized stochastic target problems for pricing and partial hedging under loss constraints—application in optimal book liquidation
We consider a singular version with state constraints of the stochastic target problems studied in Soner and Touzi (SIAM J. Control Optim. 41:404–424, 2002 ; J. Eur. Math. Soc. 4:201–236, 2002 ) and more recently Bouchard et al. (SIAM J. Control Optim. 48:3123–3150, 2009 ), among others. This provides a general framework for the pricing of contingent claims under risk constraints. Our extended version perfectly fits the market models with proportional transaction costs and the order book liquidation issues. Our main result is a direct PDE characterization of the associated pricing function. As an example application, we discuss the valuation of VWAP-guaranteed-type book liquidation contracts, for a general class of risk functions. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 17 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/mathematics/quantitative+finance/journal/780/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- Sophie Laruelle & Charles-Albert Lehalle & Gilles Pag\`es, 2009.
"Optimal split of orders across liquidity pools: a stochastic algorithm approach,"
0910.1166, arXiv.org, revised May 2010.
- Sophie Laruelle & Charles-Albert Lehalle & Gilles Pagès, 2010. "Optimal split of orders across liquidity pools: a stochastic algorithm approach," Working Papers hal-00422427, HAL.
- Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Direct characterization of the value of super-replication under stochastic volatility and portfolio constraints," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 305-328, August.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1533 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:17:y:2013:i:1:p:31-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.