Quantile hedging for guaranteed minimum death benefits
Quantile hedging for contingent claims is an active topic of research in mathematical finance. It plays a role in incomplete markets when perfect hedging is not possible. Guaranteed minimum death benefits (GMDBs) are present in many variable annuity contracts, and act as a form of portfolio insurance. They cannot be perfectly hedged due to the mortality component, except in the limit as the number of contracts becomes infinitely large. In this article, we apply ideas from finance to derive quantile hedges for these products under various assumptions.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmidli, H., 1995. "Cramer-Lundberg approximations for ruin probabilities of risk processes perturbed by diffusion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 135-149, May.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Carr, Peter & Geman, Helyette & Madan, Dilip B., 2001. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-167, October.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 2000. "Efficient hedging: Cost versus shortfall risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 117-146.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Richard Rouge & Nicole El Karoui, 2000. "Pricing Via Utility Maximization and Entropy," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 259-276.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:45:y:2009:i:3:p:449-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.