Mean-Variance and Expected Utility: The Borch Paradox
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baron, David P, 1977. "On the Utility Theoretic Foundations of Mean-Variance Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1683-1697, December.
- Borch, Karl, 1978. "Portfolio theory is for risk lovers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 179-181, August.
- M. S. Feldstein, 1969. "Mean-Variance Analysis in the Theory of Liquidity Preference and Portfolio Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 5-12.
- D. J. Johnstone, 2012. "Log-optimal economic evaluation of probability forecasts," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(3), pages 661-689, July.
- Meyer, Jack, 1977. "Choice among distributions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 326-336, April.
- Björn Hagströmer & Richard G. Anderson & Jane M. Binner & Thomas Elger & Birger Nilsson, 2008. "Mean-Variance Versus Full-Scale Optimization: Broad Evidence For The Uk," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 134-156, September.
- Liu, Liping, 2004. "A new foundation for the mean-variance analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 229-242, October.
- L. Eeckhoudt & C. Gollier & H. Schlesinger, 2005. "Economic and financial decisions under risk," Post-Print hal-00325882, HAL.
- Borch, Karl, 1973. "Expected utility expressed in terms of moments," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 331-343, June.
- Barone, Luca, 2008. "Bruno de Finetti and the case of the critical line's last segment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 359-377, February.
- Markowitz, Harry M, 1991. " Foundations of Portfolio Theory," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 469-477, June.
- Sarnat, Marshall, 1974. "A Note on the Implications of Quadratic Utility for Portfolio Theory," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 687-689, September.
- Björn Hagströmer & Richard G. Anderson & Jane M. Binner & Thomas Elger & Birger Nilsson, 2007.
"Mean-variance vs. full-scale optimization: broad evidence for the U.K,"
2007-016, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hagströmer, Björn & Anderson, Richard G. & Binner, Jane & Elger, Thomas & Nilsson, Birger, 2007. "Mean-Variance vs. Full-Scale Optimization: Broad Evidence for the UK," Working Papers 2008:1, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Borch, Karl, 1979. "Equilibrium in capital markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 175-179.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2013-06-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2013-06-16 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1306.2728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .