On the Utility Theoretic Foundations of Mean-Variance Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phillips Peter J, 2011. "Lone Wolf Terrorism," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Fatma Lajeri-Chaherli, 2016. "On The Concavity And Quasiconcavity Properties Of ( Σ , Μ ) Utility Functions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 287-296, April.
- Meyer, Jack, 1988. "Two Moment Decision Models And Expected Utility Maximization: Some Implications For Applied Research," Regional Research Projects > 1988: S-180 Annual Meeting, March 20-23, 1988, Savannah, Georgia 272846, Regional Research Projects > S-180: An Economic Analysis of Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Production Firms.
- Heckmann, Iris & Comes, Tina & Nickel, Stefan, 2015. "A critical review on supply chain risk – Definition, measure and modeling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 119-132.
- Liu, Liping, 2004. "A new foundation for the mean-variance analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 229-242, October.
- Paulsson, Thomas & Sproule, Robert, 2002. "Stochastically dominating shifts and the competitive firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 107-112, August.
- David Johnstone & Dennis Lindley, 2013. "Mean-Variance and Expected Utility: The Borch Paradox," Papers 1306.2728, arXiv.org.
- Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, C. Mirjam, 2008.
"Performance measurement, expectancy and agency theory: An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 794-809, September.
- Sloof, Randolph & van Praag, Mirjam C., 2007. "Performance Measurement, Expectancy and Agency Theory: An Experimental Study," IZA Discussion Papers 3064, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Randolph Sloof & Mirjam van Praag, 2007. "Performance Measurement, Expectancy and Agency Theory: An Experimental Study," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-026/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 22 Sep 2007.
- Cotter, John & Hanly, Jim, 2015. "Performance of utility based hedges," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 718-726.
- Rowsell, John B. & Kenyon, David E., 1988. "Target-MOTAD: A Stochastic Dominant Method For Evaluating Alternative Profit Margin Hedging Strategies," 1988 Annual Meeting, August 1-3, Knoxville, Tennessee 270146, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- He, Ying & Dyer, James S. & Butler, John C. & Jia, Jianmin, 2019. "An additive model of decision making under risk and ambiguity," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 78-92.
- Cochrane, Mark & Lodwick, Weldon & Raskin, Rob, 1984. "The Implementation of Convex Set Stochastic Dominance for Applied Risk Analysis," Regional Research Projects >1984: S-180 Annual Meeting, March 25-28, 1984, New Orleans, Louisiana 307225, Regional Research Projects > S-180: An Economic Analysis of Risk Management Strategies for Agricultural Production Firms.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:32:y:1977:i:5:p:1683-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.