Modeling electricity spot prices using mean-reverting multifractal processes
We discuss stochastic modeling of volatility persistence and anti-correlations in electricity spot prices, and for this purpose we present two mean-reverting versions of the multifractal random walk (MRW). In the first model the anti-correlations are modeled in the same way as in an Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process, i.e. via a drift (damping) term, and in the second model the anti-correlations are included by letting the innovations in the MRW model be fractional Gaussian noise with H
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ingve Simonsen, 2001. "Measuring Anti-Correlations in the Nordic Electricity Spot Market by Wavelets," Papers cond-mat/0108033, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2003.
- Simonsen, Ingve, 2005. "Volatility of power markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 355(1), pages 10-20.
- Rafal Weron & Beata Przybylowicz, 2000.
"Hurst analysis of electricity price dynamics,"
HSC Research Reports
HSC/00/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Weron, Rafal & Przybyłowicz, Beata, 2000. "Hurst analysis of electricity price dynamics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 283(3), pages 462-468.
- Simonsen, Ingve, 2003. "Measuring anti-correlations in the nordic electricity spot market by wavelets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 322(C), pages 597-606.
- Torstein Bye & Einar Hope, 2005. "Deregulation of electricity markets—The Norwegian experience," Discussion Papers 433, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Weron, Rafal, 2000.
"Energy price risk management,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 285(1), pages 127-134.
- Bacry, E. & Kozhemyak, A. & Muzy, Jean-Francois, 2008. "Continuous cascade models for asset returns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 156-199, January.
- Erlwein, Christina & Benth, Fred Espen & Mamon, Rogemar, 2010. "HMM filtering and parameter estimation of an electricity spot price model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1034-1043, September.
- Lobato, Ignacio N & Velasco, Carlos, 2000. "Long Memory in Stock-Market Trading Volume," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(4), pages 410-27, October.
- Malo, Pekka, 2009. "Modeling electricity spot and futures price dependence: A multifrequency approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(22), pages 4763-4779.
- Rafal Weron & Ingve Simonsen & Piotr Wilman, 2003. "Modeling highly volatile and seasonal markets: evidence from the Nord Pool electricity market," Econometrics 0303007, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1201.6137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.