Any Regulation of Risk Increases Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Calem, Paul & Rob, Rafael, 1999. "The Impact of Capital-Based Regulation on Bank Risk-Taking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 317-352, October.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2007. "Basel's value-at-risk capital requirement regulation: An efficiency analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1887-1906, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Z. MAYMIN, 2018. "The Conventional Past, Behavioral Present, and Algorithmic Future of Risk and Finance," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(20), pages 74-84, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Philip Maymin & Zakhar Maymin, 2012. "Any regulation of risk increases risk," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(3), pages 299-313, September.
- Kopecky, Kenneth J. & VanHoose, David, 2004. "A model of the monetary sector with and without binding capital requirements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 633-646, March.
- Boon, L.N. & Brière, M. & Rigot, S., 2018. "Regulation and pension fund risk-taking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 23-41.
- Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Vermilyea, Todd A., 2008.
"Competitive effects of Basel II on US bank credit card lending,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 478-508, October.
- William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Todd A. Vermilyea, 2007. "Competitive effects of Basel II on U.S. bank credit card lending," Working Papers 07-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Chen, An & Nguyen, Thai & Stadje, Mitja, 2018. "Optimal investment under VaR-Regulation and Minimum Insurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 194-209.
- Chen, Minghua & Wu, Ji & Jeon, Bang Nam & Wang, Rui, 2017.
"Monetary policy and bank risk-taking: Evidence from emerging economies,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 116-140.
- Wu, Ji & Jeon, Bang Nam & Chen, Minghua & Wang, Rui, 2015. "Monetary Policy and Bank Risk-taking: Evidence from Emerging Economies," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2015-3, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Brei, Michael & Gambacorta, Leonardo & von Peter, Goetz, 2013. "Rescue packages and bank lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 490-505.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2014.
"The manipulation of basel risk-weights,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 300-321.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights. Evidence from 2007-10," Economics Series Working Papers 621, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mariathasan, Mike & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," CEPR Discussion Papers 9494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Mike Mariathasan, 2014. "The Manipulation of Basel Risk-Weights," Post-Print hal-01638074, HAL.
- Ozili, Peterson K, 2015. "Determinants of Bank Profitability and Basel Capital Regulation: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 61048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toumi, Kaouther & Viviani, Jean-Laurent & Chayeh, Zeinab, 2019. "Measurement of the displaced commercial risk in Islamic Banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 18-31.
- Abel Elizalde & Rafael Repullo, 2007. "Economic and Regulatory Capital in Banking: What Is the Difference?," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 3(3), pages 87-117, September.
- Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis, 2014. "Safer ratios, riskier portfolios: Banks׳ response to government aid," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 1-28.
- Di Nicolo, G. & Gamba, A. & Lucchetta, M., 2011.
"Capital Regulation, Liquidity Requirements and Taxation in a Dynamic Model of Banking,"
2011-090, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Di Nicolo, G. & Gamba, A. & Lucchetta, M., 2011. "Capital Regulation, Liquidity Requirements and Taxation in a Dynamic Model of Banking," Other publications TiSEM 58ac9f00-92d7-497b-a76f-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Andrea Gamba & Marcella Lucchetta, 2012. "Capital Regulation, Liquidity Requirements and Taxation in a Dynamic Model of Banking," IMF Working Papers 2012/072, International Monetary Fund.
- De Nicolò, Gianni & Gamba, Andrea & Luccetta, Marcella, 2012. "Capital regulation, liquidity requirements and taxation in a dynamic model of banking," Discussion Papers 10/2012, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Di Nicolo, G. & Gamba, A. & Lucchetta, M., 2011. "Capital Regulation, Liquidity Requirements and Taxation in a Dynamic Model of Banking," Other publications TiSEM 0f34a0b6-9a62-4158-9b5c-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Mbarek Lassaâd & Mezzez Hmaied Dorra, 2012. "Stock Market Assessment of Bank Risk: Evidence from the Maghreb Region," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-26, August.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Bank Capital: Lessons from the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1147-1164, September.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Bank capital : lessons from the financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5473, The World Bank.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Enrica Detragiache & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2010. "Bank Capital; Lessons From the Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 2010/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Jou, Rosemary & Chen, Shi & Tsai, Jeng-Yan, 2017. "Politically connected lending, government capital injection, and bank performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 220-232.
- Martin Summer, 2003. "Banking Regulation and Systemic Risk," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 43-70, January.
- Fees, Eberhard & Hege, Ulrich, 2004. "The Basel II Accord: Internal ratings and bank defferentiation," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/25, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- AAlessio Reghezza & Jonathan Williams & Alessio Bongiovanni & Riccardo Santamaria, 2019. "Do Negative Interest Rates Affect Bank Risk-Taking?," Working Papers 19012, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Michael Brei & Carlos Winograd, 2012. "Foreign banks, corporate strategy and financial stability: lessons from the river plate," PSE Working Papers halshs-00703738, HAL.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2010-04-24 (Banking)
- NEP-IAS-2010-04-24 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-04-24 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2010-04-24 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1004.1670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.