A Heat Kernel Approach to Interest Rate Models
We construct default-free interest rate models in the spirit of the well-known Markov funcional models: our focus is analytic tractability of the models and generality of the approach. We work in the setting of state price densities and construct models by means of the so called propagation property. The propagation property can be found implicitly in all of the popular state price density approaches, in particular heat kernels share the propagation property (wherefrom we deduced the name of the approach). As a related matter, an interesting property of heat kernels is presented, too.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joanne Kennedy & Phil Hunt & Antoon Pelsser, 2000. "Markov-functional interest rate models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 391-408.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "The Potential Approach to the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Foreign Exchange Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 157-176.
- M. R. Grasselli & T. R. Hurd, 2003. "Wiener Chaos and the Cox-Ingersoll-Ross model," Papers math/0307197, arXiv.org.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008.
"Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0910.5033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.