Securities Pricing with Information-Sensitive Discounting
In this paper incomplete-information models are developed for the pricing of securities in a stochastic interest rate setting. In particu- lar we consider credit-risky assets that may include random recovery upon default. The market filtration is generated by a collection of information processes associated with economic factors, on which in- terest rates depend, and information processes associated with mar- ket factors used to model the cash flows of the securities. We use information-sensitive pricing kernels to give rise to stochastic interest rates. Semi-analytical expressions for the price of credit-risky bonds are derived, and a number of recovery models are constructed which take into account the perceived state of the economy at the time of default. The price of European-style call bond options is deduced, and it is shown how examples of hybrid securities, like inflation-linked credit-risky bonds, can be valued. Finally, a cumulative information process is employed to develop pricing kernels that respond to the amount of aggregate debt of an economy.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.kier.kyoto-u.ac.jp/eng/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jirô Akahori & Andrea Macrina, 2012.
"Heat Kernel Interest Rate Models With Time-Inhomogeneous Markov Processes,"
International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(01), pages 1250007-1-1.
- Jiro Akahori & Andrea Macrina, 2010. "Heat Kernel Interest Rate Models with Time-Inhomogeneous Markov Processes," Papers 1012.1878, arXiv.org.
- Lane P. Hughston & Andrea Macrina, 2009. "Pricing Fixed-Income Securities in an Information-Based Framework," Papers 0911.1610, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2010.
- Jiro Akahori & Yuji Hishida & Josef Teichmann & Takahiro Tsuchiya, 2009. "A Heat Kernel Approach to Interest Rate Models," Papers 0910.5033, arXiv.org.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2009. "Credit Risk Models," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 37-68, November.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "The Potential Approach to the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Foreign Exchange Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 157-176.
- Hinnerich, Mia, 2008. "Inflation-indexed swaps and swaptions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2293-2306, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.