Optimal execution of Portfolio transactions with geometric price process
In this paper we derive the optimal execution trajectory for a trader who wishes to buy or sell a large position of shares which evolve as a geometric Brownian process in contrast to the arithmetic model which prevails in the existing literature, and with a general temporary impact $h$. We provide a couple of examples which illustrate the results. We would like to stress the fact that in this paper we use understandable user-friendly techniques.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aur\'elien Alfonsi & Antje Fruth & Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal execution strategies in limit order books with general shape functions," Papers 0708.1756, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Kawaguchi, Kazuhito & Morimoto, Hiroaki, 2007. "Long-run average welfare in a pollution accumulation model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 703-720, February.
- Obizhaeva, Anna A. & Wang, Jiang, 2013.
"Optimal trading strategy and supply/demand dynamics,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-32.
- Anna Obizhaeva & Jiang Wang, 2005. "Optimal Trading Strategy and Supply/Demand Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 11444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0908.1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.