Optimal execution of Portfolio transactions with geometric price process
In this paper we derive the optimal execution trajectory for a trader who wishes to buy or sell a large position of shares which evolve as a geometric Brownian process in contrast to the arithmetic model which prevails in the existing literature, and with a general temporary impact $h$. We provide a couple of examples which illustrate the results. We would like to stress the fact that in this paper we use understandable user-friendly techniques.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anna Obizhaeva & Jiang Wang, 2005.
"Optimal Trading Strategy and Supply/Demand Dynamics,"
NBER Working Papers
11444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obizhaeva, Anna A. & Wang, Jiang, 2013. "Optimal trading strategy and supply/demand dynamics," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-32.
- Kawaguchi, Kazuhito & Morimoto, Hiroaki, 2007. "Long-run average welfare in a pollution accumulation model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 703-720, February.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
- Aur\'elien Alfonsi & Antje Fruth & Alexander Schied, 2007. "Optimal execution strategies in limit order books with general shape functions," Papers 0708.1756, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2010.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0908.1211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.