The Effects of Total Sleep Deprivation on Bayesian Updating
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David L. Dickinson & Sean P. A. Drummond, 2008. "The effects of total sleep deprivation on Bayesian updating," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 181-190, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, Y. & Horne, J. A., 1999. "One Night of Sleep Loss Impairs Innovative Thinking and Flexible Decision Making, ," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 128-145, May.
- Lisa A. Kramer & Mark J. Kamstra & Maurice D. Levi, 2000.
"Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight Saving Anomaly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 1005-1011, September.
- Kamstra, M.J. & Kramer, L.A. & Levi, M.D., 1998. "Losing Sleep at the Market: The Daylight-Savings Anomaly," Discussion Papers dp98-04, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Biddle, Jeff E & Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1990. "Sleep and the Allocation of Time," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 922-943, October.
- Grether, David M., 1992.
"Testing bayes rule and the representativeness heuristic: Some experimental evidence,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-57, January.
- Grether, David M., 1990. "Testing Bayes Rule and the Representativeness Heuristic: Some Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 724, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- David M. Grether, 1980. "Bayes Rule as a Descriptive Model: The Representativeness Heuristic," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 537-557.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1991. "Loss Aversion in Riskless Choice: A Reference-Dependent Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1039-1061.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Sleep deprivation and rationality
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2006-03-21 19:53:08
by Martin Ryan in Geary Behaviour Centre on 2010-01-27 22:20:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Dickinson & Sean P.A. Drummond & Jeff Dyche, 2014. "Voluntary sleep choice and its effects on Bayesian decisions: A study of two samples of college students," Working Papers 14-11, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- David L. Dickinson & Todd McElroy, 2017.
"Bayesian versus Heuristic-based choice under sleep restriction and suboptimal times of day,"
17-07, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Dickinson, David L. & McElroy, Todd, 2017. "Bayesian versus Heuristic-Based Choice under Sleep Restriction and Suboptimal Times of Day," IZA Discussion Papers 10985, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:apl:wpaper:06-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (O. Ashton Morgan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deappus.html .