Debt, Financial Fragility And Economic Growth: A Post-Keynesian Macromodel
It is developed a mathematical post-keynesian macromodel of capacity utilization and growth in which the supply of credit-money is endogenous and firms' debt position - and thus the financial fragility of the economy - is explicitly modeled. Both the influence of interest rate and indebtedness on capacity utilization and the rates of profit and growth, on the one hand, and the effect of the parameters of the saving and investment functions on financial fragility, on the other hand, are carefully analyzed.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
Phone: 55 21 3674 7952
Web page: http://www.anpec.org.br
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Secretaria da ANPEC Rua Prof Marcos Valdemar de Freitas Reis s/n Campus do Gragoatá Bloco F Niterói, RJ 24210-201 Brazil|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carl Chiarella & Peter Flaschel & Willi Semmler, 1999.
"The Macrodynamics of Debt Deflation,"
SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization.
1999-04, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Lavoie, M., 1993.
"Interest Rates in Post-Keynesian Models of Growth and Distribution,"
9314e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Marc Lavoie, 1995. "Interest Rates In Post-Keynesian Models Of Growth And Distribution," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 146-177, 06.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Antonio J. A. Meirelles, 2004.
"A Macrodynamics Of Debt Regimes, Financial Instability And Growth,"
Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
074, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Antonio J. A. Meirelles, 2007. "Macrodynamics of debt regimes, financial instability and growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(4), pages 563-580, July.
- Thomas I. Palley, 1994. "Debt, Aggregate Demand, and the Business Cycle: An Analysis in the Spirit of Kaldor and Minsky," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(3), pages 371-390, April.
- Dutt, Amitava Krishna, 1984. "Stagnation, Income Distribution and Monopoly Power," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 25-40, March.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2000.
"Market concentration and technological innovation in a dynamic model of growth and distribution,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 447-475.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2000. "Market concentration and technological innovation in a dynamic model of growth and distribution," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 447-475.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2004. "Endogenous Technological Innovation, Capital Accumulation And Distributional Dynamics," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 386-408, November.
- Marc Jarsulic, 1990. "Debt and Macro Stability," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 91-100, Apr-Jun.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Antonio J. A. Meirelles, 2003. "Endogenous Banking Markup, Distributional Conflict and Capacity Utilization," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2-3), pages 366-384, 05.
- Steve Keen, 1995. "Finance and Economic Breakdown: Modeling Minsky's "Financial Instability Hypothesis"," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 17(4), pages 607-635, July.
- Lance Taylor & Stephen A. O'Connell, 1985. "A Minsky Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 871-885.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anp:en2004:094. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rodrigo Zadra Armond)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.