GINI DP 76: Successful policy mixes to tackle child poverty: an EU-wide comparison
This paper strongly builds on the results of the project Child poverty and child well-being in the European Union. The project was commissioned by the DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities (Unit E.2) and coordinated by TÁRKI and Applica (Brussels) between December 2008 and December 2009. The methodology presented in this paper is rooted in that elaborated by the EU Task- Force on Child Poverty and Child Well-Being (2008). Paper presented at the 8th ESPAnet conference 2010 Stream 2A – Poverty and social exclusion. Some updates compared to the ESPAnet conference paper are already included in the text, while others appear in the Annex, as tables or figures only. The first draft of this paper was also presented at interim workshop of the GINI project on 10-11 November 2011, in Antwerp. The author is grateful for the comments received at both events, as well as for those provided by an anonymous reviewer ensuring the internal quality control of the project deliverables. All errors or omissions remain the sole responsibility of the author.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nieuwe Prinsengracht 130, 1018 VZ Amsterdam|
Web page: http://www.uva-aias.net
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray, 2001.
"Fertility, Female Labor Supply and Public Policy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
409, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- A. Chevalier & T. K. Viitanen, 2002. "The causality between female labour force participation and the availability of childcare," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(14), pages 915-918.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1998.
"The Economic Consequences of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons from Europe,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(1), pages 285-317.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 1996. "The Economic Consequences of Parental Leave Mandates: Lessons from Europe," NBER Working Papers 5688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wen-Hao Chen & Miles Corak, 2008. "Child poverty and changes in child poverty," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(3), pages 537-553, August.
- Markus Jantti & Bruce Bradbury, 1999. "Child Poverty across Industrialized Nations," Papers iopeps99/70, Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aia:ginidp:76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiemer Salverda)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.