Multilevel Determinants of Childhood Undernutrition among Low-Income Urban and Rural Households in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aurino, Elisabetta & Morrow, Virginia, 2018. "“Food prices were high, and the dal became watery”. Mixed-method evidence on household food insecurity and children’s diets in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 211-224.
- Ampaabeng, Samuel K. & Tan, Chih Ming, 2013. "The long-term cognitive consequences of early childhood malnutrition: The case of famine in Ghana," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1013-1027.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rashesh Shrestha, 2019. "Early Life Exposure to Air Pollution, Cognitive Development, and Labor Market Outcome," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 18(2), pages 77-95, Summer.
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Canuto, Otaviano & da Silva, Luiz Pereira, 2014.
"On gender and growth: The role of intergenerational health externalities and women's occupational constraints,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 132-147.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Canuto, Otaviano & da Silva, Luiz Pereira, 2010. "On gender and growth : the role of intergenerational health externalities and women's occupational constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5492, The World Bank.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 2018. "Health and Knowledge Externalities: Implications for Growth and Public Policy ," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 245, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Cheng, Zhiming & Guo, Wei & Hayward, Mathew & Smyth, Russell & Wang, Haining, 2021. "Childhood adversity and the propensity for entrepreneurship: A quasi-experimental study of the Great Chinese Famine," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 36(1).
- Zhou, Qingtian, 2017. "Food Prices and Cognitive Development in the United States: Evidence from the 1850-1930 Data," Master's Theses and Plan B Papers 261505, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Elisabetta Aurino & Sharon Wolf & Edward Tsinigo, 2020. "Household food insecurity and early childhood development: Longitudinal evidence from Ghana," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(4), pages 1-19, April.
- Chih Ming Tan & Dhanushka Thamarapani, 2019.
"The impact of sustained attention on labor market outcomes: The case of Ghana,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 155-171, February.
- Chih Ming Tan & Dhanushka Thamarapani, 2015. "The Impact of Sustained Attention on Labor Market Outcomes: The Case of Ghana," Working Paper series 15-32, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Paudel, Jayash & Ryu, Hanbyul, 2018. "Natural disasters and human capital: The case of Nepal’s earthquake," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 1-12.
- Vanessa T. Siy Van & Carmina P. Siguin & Andrew C. Lacsina & Lean Franzl L. Yao & Zarah G. Sales & Normahitta P. Gordoncillo & Leslie Advincula-Lopez & Joselito T. Sescon & Eden Delight Miro, 2021. "Evaluating a Community-Led Central-Kitchen Model for School Feeding Programs in the Philippines: Learnings for Multisectoral Action for Health," Department of Economics, Ateneo de Manila University, Working Paper Series 202102, Department of Economics, Ateneo de Manila University.
- Servaas van der Berg & Linda Zuze & Grace Bridgman, 2020. "The impact of the Coronavirus and lockdown on children's welfare in South Africa: Evidence from NIDS-CRAM Wave 1," Working Papers 24/2020, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Kristine Belesova & Ilan Kelman & Roger Boyd, 2016. "Governance through Economic Paradigms: Addressing Climate Change by Accounting for Health," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(4), pages 87-96.
- Shabnam, Nourin & Guven, Cahit & Ulubasoglu, Mehmet, 2021. "Lack of Food Access and Double Catastrophe in Early Life: Lessons from the 1974–1975 Bangladesh Famine," MPRA Paper 109653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashish Joshi & Arushi Arora & Chioma Amadi-Mgbenka & Nidhi Mittal & Shruti Sharma & Bhavya Malhotra & Ashoo Grover & Archa Misra & Menka Loomba, 2019. "Burden of household food insecurity in urban slum settings," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-24, April.
- Havari, Enkelejda & Peracchi, Franco, 2017.
"Growing up in wartime: Evidence from the era of two world wars,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 9-32.
- Enkelejda Havari & Franco Peracchi, 2014. "Growing up in wartime - Evidence from the era of two world wars," EIEF Working Papers Series 1405, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Sep 2014.
- Norling, Johannes, 2020. "Education and employment following apartheid protests," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- Olukorede Abiona, 2017. "Adverse Effects of Early Life Extreme Precipitation Shocks on Short-term Health and Adulthood Welfare Outcomes," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 1229-1254, November.
- Aramide Kazeem & John M. Musalia, 2018. "The Implication of Early Childhood Malnutrition for Age of Entry into Primary School in Nigeria," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(4), pages 1337-1368, August.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; child nutrition; urbanization; food security; poverty; health inequalities;
All these keywords.
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2021-04-19 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:agy:dpaper:202101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deadmph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jat Tancangco (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deadmph.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.