The value of restoring urban drains to living streams
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2010. "Which hedonic models can we trust to recover the marginal willingness to pay for environmental amenities?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 145-160, November.
- Callum Jones, 2010. "House Price Measurement: The Hybrid Hedonic Repeat‐Sales Method," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(272), pages 95-97, March.
- Ram Pandit & Maksym Polyakov & Rohan Sadler, 2014.
"Valuing public and private urban tree canopy cover,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), pages 453-470, July.
- Pandit, Ram & Polyakov, Maksym & Sadler, Rohan, 2014. "Valuing public and private urban tree canopy cover," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), July.
- Acharya, Gayatri & Bennett, Lynne Lewis, 2001. "Valuing Open Space and Land-Use Patterns in Urban Watersheds," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2-3), pages 221-237, March-May.
- Martin D. Heintzelman & Carrie M. Tuttle, 2012. "Values in the Wind: A Hedonic Analysis of Wind Power Facilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 571-588.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "The Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 465-480.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Jack Triplett, 2004. "Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes: Special Application to Information Technology Products," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2004/9, OECD Publishing.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- 298 – Potential value from restoring urban drains
by David Pannell in Pannell Discussions on 2016-10-03 20:00:13
- 299 – Are higher house prices a benefit or a problem?
by David Pannell in Pannell Discussions on 2016-10-10 20:00:12
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Plant, Lyndal & Rambaldi, Alicia & Sipe, Neil, 2017. "Evaluating Revealed Preferences for Street Tree Cover Targets: A Business Case for Collaborative Investment in Leafier Streetscapes in Brisbane, Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 238-249.
- Sorada Tapsuwan & Raymundo Marcos‐Martinez & Heinz Schandl & Zefan Yu, 2021. "Valuing ecosystem services of urban forests and open spaces: application of the SEEA framework in Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 65(1), pages 37-65, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Walls, Margaret & Kousky, Carolyn & Chu, Ziyan, 2013. "Is What You See What You Get? The Value of Natural Landscape Views," Discussion Papers dp-13-25, Resources For the Future.
- Livy, Mitchell R. & Klaiber, H. Allen, 2013. "Maintaining Public Goods: Household Valuation of New and Renovated Local Parks," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150634, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- Tuttle, Carrie M. & Heintzelman, Martin D., 2015. "A loon on every lake: A hedonic analysis of lake water quality in the Adirondacks," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-15.
- Matthew Gnagey & Therese Grijalva, 2018. "The impact of trails on property values: a spatial analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 60(1), pages 73-97, January.
- Caroline SCHAERER & Andrea BARANZINI, 2010. "Assessing the Value of View and Landscape Use on the Housing Market," Regional and Urban Modeling 284100033, EcoMod.
- Kolala, Chomba & Polyakov, Maksym & Fogarty, James, 2020. "Impacts of mining on property values in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Jellicoe, Michaela & Delgado, Michael S., 2015. "Quantifying the Effects of Underground Natural Gas Storage on Nearby Residents," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(2), pages 1-24, August.
- Yoo, James & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Maliszewski, Paul J. & Kinzig, Ann P. & Perrings, Charles, 2013. "The value of agricultural water rights in agricultural properties in the path of development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 57-68.
- Irwin, Nicholas B. & Klaiber, H. Allen & Irwin, Elena G., 2017. "Do Stormwater Basins Generate co-Benefits? Evidence from Baltimore County, Maryland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 202-212.
- Gregmar I. Galinato & Pitchayaporn Tantihkarnchana, 2018.
"The amenity value of climate change across different regions in the United States,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(37), pages 4024-4039, August.
- Pitchayaporn Tantihkarnchana & Gregmar Galinato, 2014. "The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States," Working Papers 2014-9, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Tantihkarnchana, Pitchayaporn & Galinato, Gregmar I., 2015. "The Amenity Value of Climate Change Across Different Regions in the United States," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202498, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bell, Kathleen P. & Irwin, Elena G., 2002. "Spatially explicit micro-level modelling of land use change at the rural-urban interface," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 217-232, November.
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016. "The impact of wind farm visibility on property values: A spatial difference-in-differences analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 79-91.
- Bhattacharyya, Aditi & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2018. "Pricing Inputs and Outputs: Market prices versus shadow prices, market power, and welfare analysis," Working Papers 18-009, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Votsis, Athanasios, 2017. "Planning for green infrastructure: The spatial effects of parks, forests, and fields on Helsinki's apartment prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 279-289.
- Rajapaksa, Darshana & Zhu, Min & Lee, Boon & Hoang, Viet-Ngu & Wilson, Clevo & Managi, Shunsuke, 2017. "The impact of flood dynamics on property values," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 317-325.
- Sunak, Yasin & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Local Impacts of Wind Farms on Property Values: A Spatial Difference-in-Differences Analysis," FCN Working Papers 1/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN), revised Oct 2014.
- Wendong Zhang & Cynthia J. Nickerson, 2015.
"Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(4), pages 605-626.
- Zhang, Wendong & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2013. "The Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149870, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhang, Wendong & Nickerson, Cynthia J., 2015. "Housing Market Bust and Farmland Values: Identifying the Changing Influence of Proximity to Urban Centers," ISU General Staff Papers 201511010700001590, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yasin Sunak & Reinhard Madlener, 2017. "The impact of wind farms on property values: A locally weighted hedonic pricing model," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(2), pages 423-444, June.
- Richard J. Vyn & Ryan M. McCullough, 2014. "The Effects of Wind Turbines on Property Values in Ontario: Does Public Perception Match Empirical Evidence?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(3), pages 365-392, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Land Economics/Use;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2015-06-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2015-06-13 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-URE-2015-06-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uwauwp:206300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aruwaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aruwaau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.