Switching queues, cultural conventions, and social welfare
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stark, Oded & Budzinski, Wiktor & Kosiorowski, Grzegorz, 2019. "Switching queues, cultural conventions, and social welfare," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 278(3), pages 837-844.
- Stark, Oded & Budzinski, Wiktor & Kosiorowski, Grzegorz, 2019. "Switching Queues, Cultural Conventions, and Social Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 12361, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stark, Oded & Budzinski, Wiktor & Kosiorowski, Grzegorz, 2019. "Switching queues, cultural conventions, and social welfare," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 120, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Z. Jemai & F. Karaesmen, 2005. "The influence of demand variability on the performance of a make-to-stock queue," Post-Print hal-00126137, HAL.
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003.
"A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- Maniquet, F., 2000. "A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems," Papers 222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- MANIQUET, FranÃ§ois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kaan Kuzu, 2015. "Comparisons of Perceptions and Behavior in Ticket Queues and Physical Queues," Service Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 294-314, December.
- Jemai, Zied & Karaesmen, Fikri, 2005. "The influence of demand variability on the performance of a make-to-stock queue," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 195-205, July.
- Youngsub Chun & Eun Jeong Heo, 2008. "Queueing problems with two parallel servers," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 299-315, June.
- Economou, Antonis & Manou, Athanasia, 2016. "Strategic behavior in an observable fluid queue with an alternating service process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(1), pages 148-160.
- Hummy Song & Anita L. Tucker & Karen L. Murrell, 2015. "The Diseconomies of Queue Pooling: An Empirical Investigation of Emergency Department Length of Stay," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(12), pages 3032-3053, December.
- Kozlowski, Dawid & Worthington, Dave, 2015. "Use of queue modelling in the analysis of elective patient treatment governed by a maximum waiting time policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(1), pages 331-338.
- Chun, Youngsub, 2006. "A pessimistic approach to the queueing problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 171-181, March.
- Mitra, Manipushpak & Mutuswami, Suresh, 2011. "Group strategyproofness in queueing models," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 242-254, May.
- Guo, Pengfei & Sun, Wei & Wang, Yulan, 2011. "Equilibrium and optimal strategies to join a queue with partial information on service times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 284-297, October.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:267:y:2018:i:3:p:1014-1026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Kan & McGinnis, Leon, 2012. "Performance evaluation for general queueing networks in manufacturing systems: Characterizing the trade-off between queue time and utilization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 328-339.
- Wang, Jinting & Zhang, Xuelu & Huang, Ping, 2017. "Strategic behavior and social optimization in a constant retrial queue with the N-policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(3), pages 841-849.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:271:y:2018:i:3:p:953-967 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:275:y:2019:i:3:p:1165-1177 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPolitical Economy; Public Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EVO-2019-07-08 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2019-07-08 (Game Theory)
- NEP-SOC-2019-07-08 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ubzefd:290417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zefbnde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.