Extension Educators' Supply Of Risk Management Training To Farmers
A univariate Tobit model of extension educators' provision of risk management educational training was conducted in Mississippi, Texas, Indiana, and Nebraska. A complementary relationship exists between percent of time devoted to agricultural responsibilities and the provision of risk management training courses. The results indicate that, as extension educators perceive farmers to be more knowledgeable of risk management tools, their provision of risk management education decreases. On the other hand, the provision of risk management courses increase as extension educators perceive themselves as being more knowledgeable on the use of risk management tools.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanson, James C., 1997. "Opportunities And Challenges In Cooperative Extension For Agricultural Economists," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), October.
- Ilvento, Thomas W., 1997. "Expanding The Role And Function Of The Cooperative Extension System In The University Setting," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 26(2), October.
- Ilvento, Thomas W., 1997. "Expanding the Role and Function of the Cooperative Extension System in the University Setting," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(02), pages 153-165, October.
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Parcell, Joseph L. & Kastens, Terry L. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C., 1998. "Perceptions Of Marketing Strategies: Producers Versus Extension Economists," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Selley, Roger A. & Wilson, Paul N., 1997. "Risk Research And Public Outreach: A Tale Of Two Cultures?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.