Testing Separability In A Generalized Ordinary Differential Demand System: The Case Of Nigerian Demand For Meat
This study investigates consumer demand for meat products in Nigeria and tests if any of the meat products are separable from one another. Estimating a generalized nested demand system, the Rotterdam model was selected using an adjusted likelihood ratio test. Results indicate that mutton and pork are more elastic than beef and poultry. Only pork was found to be separable from other meat types.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Eales & Catherine Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "Generalized Models of Japanese Demand for Fish," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1153-1163.
- Neves, Pedro Duarte, 1994. "A class of differential demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 83-86.
- Capps, Oral, Jr. & Tsai, Reyfong & Kirby, Raymond & Williams, Gary W., 1994. "A Comparison Of Demands For Meat Products In The Pacific Rim Region," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William, 1991.
"Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 364-399, December.
- Blackorby, C. & Davidson, R. & Schworm, W., 1990. "Implicit Separability: Characterisation And Implications For Consumer Demands," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a16, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Daniele Moro & Richard D. Green, 1994.
"Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(1), pages 61-73.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D. & Green, Richard D., 1994. "Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11247, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeatm:35111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.