Testing Separability between Import and Domestic Commodities: Application to U.S. Meat Demand in a Dynamic Model
The results indicate that a dynamic specification of the AIDS model is superior to the static AIDS model. The separability test for both the static and dynamic AIDS models conclude that imported meat consumption is non-separable from the U.S. consumption so domestic meat should be included in the analysis of U.S. import meat demand.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-1571, November.
- Choi, Seungmook & Sosin, Kim, 1992. "Structural Change in the Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 226-238, May.
- T. Kesavan & Zuhair A. Hassan & Helen H. Jensen & Stanley R. Johnson, 1988.
"Dynamics and Long-run Structure in U.S. Meat Demand,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
88-wp38, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- T. Kesavan & Zuhair A. Hassan & Helen H. Jensen & Stanley R. Johnson, 1993. "Dynamics and Long-run Structure in U.S. Meat Demand," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 41(2), pages 139-153, 07.
- Kesavan, T. & Hassan, Zuhair A. & Jensen, Helen H. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1993. "Dynamics and Long-Run Structure in U.S. Meat Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 635, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- T. Kesavan & Zuhair A. Hassan & Helen H. Jensen & Stanley R. Johnson, 1988. "Dynamics and Long-run Structure in U.S. Meat Demand," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 88-wp38, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William, 1991.
"Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 364-399, December.
- Blackorby, C. & Davidson, R. & Schworm, W., 1990. "Implicit Separability: Characterisation And Implications For Consumer Demands," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 90a16, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-888, September.
- Moschini, GianCarlo & Moro, D. & Green, Richard D., 1994.
"Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
11247, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Giancarlo Moschini & Daniele Moro & Richard D. Green, 1994. "Maintaining and Testing Separability in Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(1), pages 61-73.
- Alston, Julian M & Foster, Kenneth A & Green, Richard D, 1994. "Estimating Elasticities with the Linear Approximate Almost Ideal Demand System: Some Monte Carlo Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 351-356, May.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Gordon Anderson & Richard Blundell, 1983. "Testing Restrictions in a Flexible Dynamic Demand System: An Application to Consumers' Expenditure in Canada," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(3), pages 397-410.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1991. "When Is Expenditure "Exogenous" In Separable Demand Models?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- McGuirk, Anya M. & Driscoll, Paul J. & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger & Huang, Huilin, 1995. "System Misspecification Testing And Structural Change In The Demand For Meats," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Blackorby, Charles & Primont, Daniel & Robert Russell, R., 1977. "Separability vs functional structure: A characterization of their differences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 135-144, June.
- Winters, L. Alan, 1984. "Separability and the specification of foreign trade functions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 239-263, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.