Measurement Of Substitutability Between U.S. Domestic Catfish And Imported Fish
This study examines p-interdependence and quantifies q-substitutability between domestic catfish and different species of imported fish in the U.S. fish market. In doing so, this study uses cointegration analyses for p-interdependence and structural analyses for q-substitutability. Cointegration analysis identifies the long run price equilibria between U.S. domestic catfish and different species of imported fish. The structural analyses show a degree of q-substitutability.
|Date of creation:||31 Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dickey, David A & Rossana, Robert J, 1994. "Cointegrated Time Series: A Guide to Estimation and Hypothesis Testing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(3), pages 325-53, August.
- James Eales & Catherine Durham & Cathy R. Wessells, 1997. "Generalized Models of Japanese Demand for Fish," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1153-1163.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Neves, Pedro Duarte, 1994. "A class of differential demand systems," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 83-86.
- Seale, James L., Jr. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Schmitz, Andrew & Schmitz, Troy G., 2005. "Import Demand for Fresh Fruit in Japan and Uniform Substitution for Products from Different Sources," Monographs, University of Florida, International Agricultural Trade and Policy Center, number 15700, December.
- Dolado, Juan J & Jenkinson, Tim & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simon, 1990. " Cointegration and Unit Roots," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 249-73.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeana:46782. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.