Evaluating the Impact on Market Performance of Investments in Market Information Systems: Methodological Challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aparajita Goyal, 2010.
"Information, Direct Access to Farmers, and Rural Market Performance in Central India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 22-45, July.
- Goyal, Aparajita, 2010. "Information, direct access to farmers, andrural market performance in central India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5315, The World Bank.
- Robert T. Jensen, 2010. "Information, efficiency, and welfare in agricultural markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 203-216, November.
- Jonathan Donner & Marcela X. Escobari, 2010. "A review of evidence on mobile use by micro and small enterprises in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(5), pages 641-658.
- Jenny C. Aker & Isaac M. Mbiti, 2010. "Mobile Phones and Economic Development in Africa," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 207-232, Summer.
- Jenny C. Aker, 2010. "Information from Markets Near and Far: Mobile Phones and Agricultural Markets in Niger," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 46-59, July.
- Azzeddine M. Azzam & John R. Schroeter, 1995.
"The Tradeoff between Oligopsony Power and Cost Efficiency in Horizontal Consolidation: An Example from Beef Packing,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 825-836.
- Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Schroeter, John R., 1995. "The Tradeoff Between Oligopsony Power and Cost Efficiency in Horizontal Consolidation: An Example from Beef Packing," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5062, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jakob Svensson & David Yanagizawa, 2009. "Getting Prices Right: The Impact of the Market Information Service in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 435-445, 04-05.
- Shahidur Rashid, 2004.
"Spatial Integration of Maize Markets in Post-liberalised Uganda,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 13(1), pages 102-133, March.
- Rashid, Shahidur, 2004. "Spatial integration of maize markets in post-liberalized Uganda," MTID discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rashid, Shahidur & Gulati, Ashok & Cummings, Ralph Jr., 2008. "From parastatals to private trade: Lessons from Asian agriculture," Issue briefs 50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robert Jensen, 2007. "The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 879-924.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
- Kizito, Andrew M., 2009. "Estimating the Benefits from Improved Market Information," Graduate Research Masters Degree Plan B Papers 48844, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jenny Aker, 2008. "Does Digital Divide or Provide? The Impact of Cell Phones on Grain Markets in Niger," Working Papers 154, Center for Global Development.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ags:mididp:152396 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perakis, Sonja Melissa, 2012. "“Changing Spatial Maize Price Relationships in West Africa”," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124910, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kizito, Andrew M. & Donovan, Cynthia & Staatz, John M., 2012. "Impact of Agricultural Market Information Systems Activities on Market Performance in Mozambique: Mozambique Country Report," Food Security International Development Working Papers 169572, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket information services; impact assessment; market transparency; food policies; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; Marketing; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; C81; D80; H43; N57; 013; Q13;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- N57 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Africa; Oceania
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midasp:108184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .