Does Digital Divide or Provide? The Impact of Cell Phones on Grain Markets in Niger
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Singh, K.M. & Sutradhar, Rajib, 2010. "The benefit of cold storages: Evidence from Bihar," MPRA Paper 54345, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Dec 2010.
- Karippacheril, Tina George & Nikayin, Fatemeh & de Reuver, Mark & Bouwman, Harry, 2013. "Serving the poor: Multisided mobile service platforms, openness, competition, collaboration and the struggle for leadership," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 24-34.
- Richard A. Duncombe, 2014. "Understanding the Impact of Mobile Phones on Livelihoods in Developing Countries," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(5), pages 567-588, September.
- Julius Juma Okello & Yuan Zhou & Norman Kwikiriza & Sylvester Ochieng Ogutu & Ian Barker & Elmar Schulte-Geldermann & Elly Atieno & Justin Taj Ahmed, 2016. "Determinants of the Use of Certified Seed Potato among Smallholder Farmers: The Case of Potato Growers in Central and Eastern Kenya," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-12, October.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Torero, Maximo, 2011. "Randomizing the "Last Mile": A methodological note on using a voucher-based approach to assess the impact of infrastructure projects," IFPRI discussion papers 1078, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Singh, K.M. & Sutradhar, Rajib, 2011. "The potato value chain in Bihar: An assessment and policy implications," MPRA Paper 54350, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jan 2011.
- Eduardo Nakasone & Maximo Torero, 2016.
"A text message away: ICTs as a tool to improve food security,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(S1), pages 49-59, November.
- Nakasone, Eduardo & Torero, Maximo, 2016. "A text message away: ICTs as a tool to improve food security," MPRA Paper 75854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi, 2009. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1887-1896, December.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Ninno, Carlo del & Dorosh, Paul A. & Mulder-Sibanda, Menno & Razmara, Setareh, 2009. "Niger - Food security and safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 91576, The World Bank.
- Nancy Chau & Hideaki Goto & Ravi Kanbur, 2016. "Middlemen, fair traders, and poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(1), pages 81-108, March.
- Tschirley, David L. & Jayne, T.S., 2010. "Exploring the Logic Behind Southern Africa's Food Crises," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 76-87, January.
- PENARD Thierry & POUSSING Nicolas & ZOMO YEBE Gabriel & NSI ELLA Philémon, 2012. "Usage d'Internet et du téléphone mobile en Afrique : une comparaison des déterminants d'adoption sur données gabonaises," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-15, LISER.
- Kirui, Oliver K. & Okello, Julius J. & Nyikal, Rose A. & Njiraini, Georgina W., 0.
"Impact of Mobile Phone-Based Money Transfer Services in Agriculture: Evidence from Kenya,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture,
Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 52.
- Kirui, Oliver K. & Okello, Julius Juma & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo, 2012. "Impact of Mobile Phone-based Money Transfer Services in Agriculture: Evidence from Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125738, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Balwant Singh Mehta & Nidhi Mehta, 2014. "ICT and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Rural Women: Case of Mobile Phone in India," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 6(4), pages 103-112, December.
- Blumenstock, Joshua E. & Eagle, Nathan & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2016. "Airtime transfers and mobile communications: Evidence in the aftermath of natural disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 157-181.
- Staatz, John M. & Kizito, Andrew M. & Weber, Michael T. & Dembele, Niama Nango, 2011. "Evaluating the Impact on Market Performance of Investments in Market Information Systems: Methodological Challenges," Staff Papers 108184, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ochieng’, Sylvester O. & Okello, Julius J. & Otieno, David J., 2012. "Impact of ICT-based Market Information Service Projects on Smallholder Farm Input Use and Productivity in Kenya," 2012 Eighth AFMA Congress, November 25-29, 2012, Nairobi, Kenya 159429, African Farm Management Association (AFMA).
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Information; Information Technology; Market Performance; Search Costs; Niger;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgdevus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.